Sommelier, NoMad Hotel
NoMad London, a new luxury lifestyle hotel takes residence in the heart of Covent Garden inside the historic, grade II-listed building famously known as The Bow Street Magistrates’ Court. As the NoMad’s first presence outside the United States, NoMad London continues to offer a culture of gracious hospitality combined with understated elegance and comfort.
‘The best of New York hospitality with London Charm’
We are looking for an enthusiastic Sommelier to join the NoMad Hotel. The Sommelier will be responsible for supporting all the F&B departments across the hotel, as well as the day-to-day running of the wine programme in our central restaurant, the Atrium. Key to this role is to provide highly efficient and knowledgeable service, great hospitality, and education to your team.
The Sommelier will also have the opportunity to participate in internal and external training opportunities, tastings, trips and is encouraged to take an active role in the development of the wine programme. This position will play a key role in supporting the Wine Directors through stock ordering, receiving and general cellar management (using Bevager), liaising with suppliers, developing the Junior Sommeliers and maintenance of the 1000+ bin wine list.
The successful candidate will promote the desired work culture around our company’s core values and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be able to provide efficient and knowledgeable service
- Ensure the efficient flow of service and standards are constantly met during service periods
- Ensure the agreed standards of food and wine service are always adhered to
- Ensure all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively
- Positively deal with and learn from all customer complaints and comments
- Be actively involved in the training of the team
Ideal candidate must have:
- Previous experience as a Sommelier in a fast-paced environment
- WSET or equivalent sommelier qualification is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail (especially written)
What’s in it for you
- £200 Refer a Friend Scheme
- 20% Employee discount in F&B outlets
- Complimentary family meal and quality coffee/hot drinks whilst on duty
- Growing team with great training and progression opportunity
- Straight shifts (no splits)
- Paid break and annual leave
- Good work/life balance – average of 45 to 50 hours per week
- Your birthday off (paid) after one year of service
- Hotel discount
- Gym discount
- Private Health Care
please note whilst we wish we could respond to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.