Assistant General Manager, The Delaunay
We are looking for a strong candidate to join the team at the leading brasserie of the theatre district. Inspired by the European grand cafes of Vienna, The Delaunay is a 180 cover restaurant with Bar, Private Rooms and our Counter café. We are looking for an experienced manager to assist the growth and development of such an established restaurant.
This leading Assistant General Manager role will see you working closely with and deputizing for the General Manager in managing the day to day operations, to include:
- Interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, direction of work, evaluating performance and rewarding of staff
- Developing and sustaining excellent relationships with guests, making sure the very best quality service standards are provided at all times
- Overseeing the training of staff through close liaison with the P&D department and to ensure that the team are trained to the level of excellence required
- Helping to maintain the correct stock levels for the needs of the business
- To be responsible for the compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation
- Managing and monitoring P&L expenditure to set and meet budgets for each year
In addition to the benefits you’d expect from working with a professional company, we also offer:
- Incredible supplier trips in the UK and overseas to develop your wine, champagne, spirits, coffee, beer and food knowledge, whilst creating unforgettable memories
- Refer a Friend + Rewarding Excellence Schemes – Earn bonuses of up to £2,000!
- Hospitality Action Employee Assistance Programme – Specialist, independent advice and support
- £100 dining voucher on passing probation and 30% discounts at all Corbin & King restaurants
The Ideal Candidate:
You must have a true understanding of quality service and a close eye for detail. The ability to motivate and encourage an international team and work successfully and in collaboration with the wider F&B teams is critical.
- To have a positive impact, accepting personal responsibility for making things happen
- To be decisive, using initiative, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn in order to improve your personal performance
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
You will need proven experience of working in a senior restaurant management role within establishments that offer quality high volume services.