Assistant Manager, Carters of Moseley
Move to ‘Britain’s second city’ & be part of something truly special. Watch your standard of living shoot up as well. Compared to London, it’s 88% cheaper to buy a place in Birmingham’s City Centre & 70% cheaper to rent. Plus the public transport is 50% cheaper & it’s still less than 2hr away from the big smoke on the train if you need your London fix.
We’re looking for a hungry, determined Assistant Manager or Wine Guru to join our family. Become part of a first class front of house team that’s passionate about things like single origin coffee, cocktails with forged wild ingredients & natural wine. Your next steps could see you cross train or develop into an Assistant General Manager, General Manager or beyond.
Carters of Moseley is an exciting, innovative & intimate modern British Michelin Star restaurant located just outside Birmingham City Centre.
The menu focus is on local, sustainable, highly seasonal & often wild British ingredients realised by Chef Brad Carter.
We are listed in the Restaurant Magazine Top 100, Sunday Times Top 100 in the UK & The Good Food Guide as Restaurant of the Year. Accolades also include 1 Michelin Star and 3 AA Rosettes.
The restaurant offers set Tasting Menus with Wine Pairing.
Open for Dinner Wed-Sat & Lunch Fri & Sat only.
Staff welfare is super important to us so you can expect competitive pay & pensions, the best staff dinners around, development & new career prospects in a growing independent restaurant.
The Ideal Candidate:
We’re looking for an individual who is:
• Passionate & excited about British Food & Natural Wine
• A strong leader & a management entrepreneur with great ambition to progress & create a fun & dynamic atmosphere
• Able to demonstrate enthusiasm, confidence & energy when dealing with customers & colleagues
• Inquisitive and eager to learn
• Commercially & environmentally minded with some financial experience
• Action-orientated, proactive & autonomous
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with experience in managing Social Media accounts
• Able to speak English well enough to communicate with your team, front of house and senior management
• 4 day working week (46 hours)
• Extensive Training including professional qualifications (including WSET)
• Exclusive Staff day trips to visit suppliers
• Competitive pay
• 28 days paid holiday
• Free staff meals
• Pension scheme
Search for us on Instagram & Facebook to get a taste of the restaurant.
Full UK visa required