Assistant Manager/Sommelier, Ikoyi
Ikoyi which opened in the summer of 2017 is the home to the unique cuisine from co-founders, Chef Jeremy Chan and Restaurant Director Iré Hassan-Odukale. Together they have created a restaurant with bold menus that celebrate seasonality with a sense of drama. Using the myriad of rich spice found throughout the region of West Africa as the origin for their dishes, the cuisine is a contrast of elegance and balance, married with the fearless enjoyment of the taste and flavours of the season. The restaurant was awarded its first Michelin star in October 2018 and described by the Michelin inspectors as ‘one of the most innovative and original restaurants to open in the capital in recent times’.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity to fill the role of assistant manager and sommelier. An ideal candidate will have exceptional service standards with attention to detail and in depth interest in wine. In addition, the candidate will have excellent leadership and delegation skills including the ability to train and mentor the team. Wine qualifications are not essential but beneficial, however experience in a similar role is fundamental.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Oversee beverage and wine program at Ikoyi
– Managing, overseeing and updating Ikoyi’s wine offering whilst ensuring wine list stays in line with Ikoyi ethos
– Developing and maintaining relationships with wine producers/suppliers/wine consultants
– Lead staff wine training
– Full understanding and strong knowledge of the offering and concept
– Management of beverage GPs – in particular wine GPs
– Oversee daily service report, managing complaints and guest relationships
The Ideal Candidate:
– Should have previous experience in ambitious, Michelin level restaurants in a similar role.
– Experience managing a wine list for a tasting menu / seasonal restaurant
– Must be committed to what will be a demanding but also rewarding concept
– Must be an excellent communicator and passionate about developing and training, with an emphasis on team building