We are looking to recruit an experienced baker to work with our busy artisan bakery.
We are looking for Artisan Bakers who are passionate about bread. Candidates need to be able to produce hand crafted bread to our high standards using traditional baking techniques including an excellent knowledge of dough and proofing. Applicants must be reliable, methodical, organised and keen to work as part of a team. The role involves all aspects of artisan bread production – mixing, scaling, shaping and baking.
We are looking for candidates who:
· Have at least one year experience making artisanal bread
· You are able to work to tight deadlines
· You can carry out physical work
· Team Player. Sounds obvious but teamwork is truly the foundation of Padella’s culture and everything we do impacts each other. We’re looking for people who understand this and naturally use their initiative whether it’s going the extra mile for a customer, colleague or different department in need.
· You are passionate about food and talking about it, have a natural interest in ingredients, where they’re sourced, what’s the supplier’s ethos about their products and how you’ll translate that into a great employee and customer experience.
· It’s important to create a great place to work – a place you can grow, learn new things and build a career. Working in a restaurant with such high standards can be challenging so we really care about investing in you.
· Competitive salary
· Exciting career development opportunities as we evolve – we encourage internal promotions.
· Extensive internal training – we support staff growth with thorough development + progression plans.
· UK supplier’s trips – e.g., Neal’s Yard Dairy, HG Walter, Cobble Lane Cured.
· Staff trips to Italy yearly to meet our suppliers –visiting Sicily, Bologna + Pescara.
· External Training – E.g., WSET (Level 2 + 3), public speaking + English courses
· Fantastic discounts on food and drink at Trullo (65% off) and Padella (50%).
· Summer and Christmas staff parties.
· Staff meals and drinks on duty to keep you going throughout the day.
· This is a wonderful position at an incredible time in our story, if you would like to part of the story.