Head Chef / Chef Patron, Bob Bob Cité
Opened to glowing reviews in May 2019, Bob Bob Cité is a traditional french brasserie updated for the 21st century. Located in the landmark Leadenhall Building, it serves classic French country cooking – executed with elegance and finesse – in the luxury of London’s most modern all-booth dining room. It is special occasion without being formal and offers the largest champagne list in London.
Bob Bob Cité aims to become an enduring classic, an iconic restaurant in terms of menu, service and design, with international fame and following. It will stay true to its authentic French brasserie offer and its focus on champagne and French wines and spirits.
After a successful period of soft opening, the owner is looking to appoint a passionate yet systematic and organised Head Chef / Chef Patron to lead the kitchen and the restaurant to achieve their full potential. The right candidate will be an inspirational chef as well as an exceptional leader and capable manager. They will report to the group Managing Director and will work directly with the owner to evolve and perfect the menu, the offer and the restaurant as whole.
Whether the candidate is 30 years old or 60, already accomplished or just poised to make their mark, we are not looking for a famous name or a good PR story, but for an exceptional individual who can help us deliver an exceptional product.
• Classically trained in French cuisine, with great attention to detail and a passion for cooking.
• Warm and personable, a natural leader who is always happy to coach, train and mentor.
• Keen to embrace the owner’s vision for Bob Bob Cité, where every element is meticulously designed and considered.
• Capable of managing a large team in a systematic, structured and organised fashion.
• Commercially aware and financially astute, delivering healthy margins and payroll costs.
• Comfortable with high-quality yet high-volume kitchen operation.
• Good at delegating, building a senior team who can deliver consistent quality 7 days a week (currently open 5 days a week – Tuesday to Saturday – for the next 12 months).
• Overseeing all due diligence, Health and Safety and Food Hygiene.
A competitive package at the very top of the current market range. Compensation will be geared to the particular candidate based on their seniority. The package will include basic salary, a bonus element, private health insurance, 12 months sick pay cover at 50% salary, £9,000 per annum dining budget at Bob Bob Cité and all the statutory benefits.