Events and Catering Sales Manager, The Camberwell Arms
The Camberwell Arms is a small, bustling restaurant in South London run by the team behind Frank’s Café in Peckham.
In the kitchen, Head Chef and Owner Michael Davies and the team have asserted their own unique style within our neighbourhood restaurant, serving up a thoughtful selection of snacks, small plates and generous feasting dishes designed for sharing and conviviality. We specialise in high quality produce and simple cooking.
If we can make something ourselves, we do – charcuterie, sausages, smoked fish, pickles, pasta, breads and ice cream are all made in house – whilst the rest is carefully sourced from the best producers and cooked on our charcoal grill.
Following the success of our launch in 2019 we are looking for an experienced catering sales manager to lead the growth of our off-site catering division in 2020 and beyond.
The role will have three main focuses:
- To lead the business development of or catering division, “Catering by the Camberwell Arms”, identifying opportunities for growth in 2020 and beyond
- To be responsible for direct sales of our entire events department, including off-site catering, private dining at the Camberwell arms and private events at Franks Cafe.
- To build a team to deliver an already busy schedule for 2020
Key Responsibilities include:
- Direct sales
- Event management and delivery
- Financial reporting from the events department
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have solid experience of selling and delivering events within the hospitality industry
- Enjoy being proactive and achieving goals
- Show an understanding of food, drink and the Camberwell Arms brand
- Be creative and innovative in seeking out and developing new opportunities and ideas
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisation skills with an ability to prioritise a busy sched
- A passion for true hospitality and a love of delicious things