F&B Manager, The Bridge Theatre
The Bridge Theatre bar is run in collaboration with St. JOHN restaurant, with a select menu of iconic small plates and sandwiches designed specifically for the theatregoer and a bar list curated by St. JOHN and featuring their wines. We aim to offer an exceptional level of customer service across all aspects of the audience experience and the bar and food is a crucial element of this. The Theatre is open seven days a week, with 8 to 9 performances (matinee days are typically on Wednesdays and Saturdays).
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Manager to join our Front of House team at The Bridge Theatre. Previous experience working in a theatre is desirable, alongside a passion for our productions and the arts!
As Food & Beverage Manager, you will act as duty manager for the food and beverage team and lead our large bar team during performances, ensuring the highest quality of customer service and adhering to all licensing and health and safety policies. You will also be key to the day to day operations of the venue as well as working with the house management team to ensure consistency and future planning for the department. We are looking for someone dynamic with managerial experience who has a passion for delivering the highest levels of customer service. You must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills alongside attention to detail and a track record of strong and consistent performance.
The Ideal Candidate:
Ideally you will have exceptional commercial and people management skills and have the gravitas and understanding to manage successfully within a creative and artistic environment. Previous management experience as a Restaurant Manager or Assistant Manager in a high end, casual dining environment is required.
Essential skills and behaviours required:
- Commitment to high levels of customer service with a calm and polite manner
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills alongside attention to detail and a track record of strong food and beverage management experience.
- A ‘can do’ attitude towards situations, leading by example
- Passion for delivering great food and customer experience, who inspires others with their energy and desire to go above and beyond our customer’s expectations.
- A good knowledge and understanding of and working with budgets, managing wastage and driving revenue.
- Strong people management ability in a fast paced, high volume site.
- An open, engaging and friendly personality who has the confidence to be the host of The Bridge Theatre.
- Good experience of training and successfully developing a team with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Attention to detail, calm under pressure and resilient.
- Experience with reporting, payroll and HR policies and using Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Happy to work late hours and take part and support in all theatre events.
- Able to work as part of the London Theatre Company team and on their own initiative.
- A personal licence to sell alcohol
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Food Hygiene and Health & Safety at Work.
- Experience of using online payroll and stock management systems.
Please note that our HR Consultants at Solution22 will be managing all applications. We look forward to hearing from you!