Front of House Manager/ Assistant General Manager, The Camberwell Arms
The Camberwell Arms is a small, bustling restaurant in South London run by the team behind Frank’s Café in Peckham. In the kitchen, Head Chef and Owner Michael Davies and the team have asserted their own unique style within our neighbourhood restaurant, serving up a thoughtful selection of snacks, small plates and generous feasting dishes designed for sharing and conviviality. We specialise in high quality produce and simple cooking. If we can make something ourselves, we do – charcuterie, sausages, smoked fish, pickles, pasta, breads and ice cream are all made in house – whilst the rest is carefully sourced from the best producers and cooked on our charcoal grill.
To reflect the culture of the kitchen, our service at The Camberwell Arms is considered and informal. Our attentive and well-informed front of house team creates a familiar and warm atmosphere. We aim to deliver the confidence and belief in our products exhibited in fine dining restaurants, but without the starch. On the bar we stock a healthy range of wines with a focus on the natural and bio-dynamic. Our cocktails are classic and our beers are traditional.
We are looking for a Front of House manager to join our team in March. This role comprises all of front of house service and includes administrative responsibilities. The role would be mainly focussed on service, with a couple of shifts dedicated to administrative and operational tasks. Responsibilities would include (but not limited to):
- Leading the bar and restaurant during service, generating a sense of urgency in the team without comprising service standards,
- Site management and key holding responsibilities
- GP management, wet stock counts and ordering. Cocktail and wine menu development
- Staff rotas, labour cost control
- Staff recruitment, induction and training
Managers at all stages of their careers will be considered, whether you are a junior manager or supervisor looking to step up or an established manager looking for a new challenge we are keen to meet you! Full training is provided to add to and augment your current experience, and we are keen to invest in your developments by sending you on courses outside of the business to further your knowledge and skills. You would be joining a small but experienced team where everyone’s opinion is important and initiative is paramount.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Organised with great attention to detail
- Proactive, eager to learn and self motivated
- A natural leader with the ability to galvanise and motivate a team
- A passion for true hospitality and a love of delicious things