General Manager – Award Winning Dining Pub, Harcourt Inns
Harcourt Inns is a London-based group of dining-pubs with boutique bedrooms, located in vibrant neighbourhoods around London, where we strive to offer quality food and drink in a casual, attractive environment and deliver great hospitality with a spirit of generosity.
We’re not a chain – each of our properties is unique and is a reflection of the local area it serves. In each of them we’re proud to serve a range of beers from independent family-run breweries, together with thoughtfully curated wine & sprits lists, and an all-day menu overseen by our chef-director, Henry Harris (formerly chef-patron of Racine in Knightsbridge). Tucked away in each of our locations are elegant spaces for private dining and events, and thoughtfully designed guest bedrooms.
Harcourt Inns currently own and operate the Harcourt [Marylebone], the Three Cranes [City of London], the Coach [Clerkenwell], the Hero of Maida [Maida Vale], the Crown [Chiswick], and most recently the KPH [Ladbroke Grove].
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional General Manager to join our team and to carry on the development and growth of the business at one of our award winning pubs in Notting Hill.
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
• a minimum of 1year experience in a similar role and at least 2years experience in a senior managerial role running a busy, food-led operation
• a service- and guest-focused approach, coupled with a genuine enjoyment of delivering hospitality
• proven ability to lead and motivate a team of up to 40 people
• experience in financial management, including forecasting, P&L reporting and cost controls
• expertise in licensing and all aspects of workplace Food Hygiene and Health & Safety [minimum of Level-2 training and certification] and be a personal licence holder
• a track record of successfully building and maintaining a well-trained service team
• the ability and desire to blend your restaurant service skills with the demands of a vibrant neighbourhood pub
• an approach to the role which prioritises reliability, accountability and a sense of initiative
and you will be able to:
• oversee the commercial running of the food & beverage operation, with full P&L and reporting accountability
• apply your knowledge and experience to help analyse, improve and grow the business
• confidently lead your team in service and also manage the administrative and commercial requirements of the business, dealing effectively with any challenges which may arise
• work to agreed standards and deadlines, and support and guide your team to do the same through consistent training and development
The Ideal Candidate:
As the General Manager, you will have worked in quality-focused, food-led businesses where you have led your teams in the efficient running of the business while ensuring that your guests are prioritised.
You’ll have an understanding of difference between delivering service and delivering hospitality and know how to lead your team to achieve this. You’ll also be able to display a strong understanding of the financial and operational keys to running a successful business. Experience of new openings is not essential but may be an advantage.
A sound knowledge of wines and spirits (a WSET qualification is desirable) and a good working knowledge of both craft and draft independent beers will be of benefit. A genuine interest in and willingness to continue learning about both is essential.
You will also have experience of working closely with a Head Chef and the kitchen team to ensure that they are properly supported as well as experience and in-depth knowledge of managing beverage stocks in order to support and supervise the bar team.
Your daily focus will be to train and supervise the entire team to ensure that all the food and drink we serve is delivered to a consistently high standard while maintaining safe, compliant working practices and efficient operation of the business.
Experience of managing private dining and events is desirable. Some experience of managing a business with guest bedrooms may also be an advantage.
This is a unique opportunity to join a young, dynamic team operating quality-focused, award winning London dining pubs, to lead the opening of our newest site and develop with the company as it grows.
To Apply for the General Manager position please click here: https://www.peoplebank.com/php/?TTkjpnZkWD
Please note that all applications are being handled by our HR Consultants at Solution22.