General Manager, Deliciously Ella
Our brand has 3 simple values: Live better. Be useful. Make veggies cool.
What started off as a blog by Ella to help herself live better has grown into an app, recipe books, supermarket products and a deli – all with these 3 values at the heart of everything.
Our deli has been the home of what we do for 4 years and we are currently upgrading it to a restaurant so that we can offer an even better experience, with outdoor seating, later opening hours and a more sophisticated dinner menu. Our main goal will always be to create somewhere people from all walks of life will feel welcome and experience the joys of eating tasty vegetables. Being located just off Oxford Street means it can get very busy at times but we like to keep the atmosphere upbeat and vibrant!
Although we have been open for 4 years at this site, a lot will be changing and the role will be more like running a new opening than an established restaurant. This makes it a very exciting role with the opportunity to build your own team and influence the future of the restaurant. It also means you must be very independent and hands on, willing to lead from the front and adapt quickly.You will have overall responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant and report directly to the owners, meaning you will be fully accountable for the following areas:
- Day to day running of the restaurant
- Customer experience, including service, food quality and brand experience
- Local marketing
- P&L, including controlling sales, stock, COGs, operating costs, labour and GP% within budget
- Legal compliance, including health & safety, first aid, fire, food hygiene, HR and licensing
- Staff recruitment, training and development – we currently have a very small team so you will need to hire the rest of the team pre-opening
- Managing the head chef who will be responsible for the menu development, food quality, kitchen compliance and team HR, but will report directly to you
The restaurant is due to open mid-December so your prospective start date will be early in November as you will be expected to play a major part in preparing for opening day.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years GM experience, including strong knowledge of running a kitchen BOH
- Confident being fully accountable for all areas listed above
- Management experience at a new site opening
- Experience using Fourth & F&B Manager
- In date training certificates for areas of compliance
- Personal licence holder