General Manager, Muse
We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Restaurant General Manager to join Tom Aikens’ new fine dining restaurant in Belgravia. The General Manager will be directly responsible for the successful delivery of a gastronomic fine dining guest experience along with all aspects of the operations, set across two floors, for both front and back-of-house, managing and hiring the team, and maintaining the utmost high standards that Tom and his team expert.
The General Manager needs to be passionate, driven and a committed team leader, being inspiring in their surroundings, with natural enthusiasm that will be naturally transferred across their teams. The General Manager will have a high knowledge and understanding of food and wine service, combined with great organisational and business management skills, showing initiative and proactiveness.
Essential Skills & Requirements
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role within the restaurant industry of 1- 2 star standard 4-5 AA Rosette
• Wide experience in setting customer care standards and resolving customer issues
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to effectively coach, train and develop your team
• Experience of managing and leading your own team, setting goals of achievements
• Attention to detail from beginning to end of service
• Being able to tell the story of the menu to team members and customers
• Outstanding problem solving and organisational skill and initiative
• Hardworking, passionate self-motivated and dedicated about the position
• A good understanding of budgeting, forecasting and labour control
• Good working knowledge of general computer/hospitality systems
• A strong understanding of Food, Health & Safety including COSHH and HACCP
• Ensure the team is keeping the restaurant to the highest possible standards, being effectively organised and properly managed at all times.
• Responsible for the financial performance and all other KPIs.
• Agree sales and operational targets and expectations with the Operations Director, ensuring that those targets and expectations are achieved, as well as keeping a tight stock control.
• Ensure the monitoring and maintenance of high-quality food and exceptional standards of customer service.
• Identifying and implementing any ongoing required training and development of front and back of house staff.
• Monitoring customer comments and constantly looking for improvements that may be made.
• Ensure compliance with all food safety, health and safety and security procedures and policies at all times within the restaurant.
• Train, challenge, motivate, encourage, and provide constructive guidance to the full team.
• Maintain a competitive awareness of the market by continuously monitoring the competition and then react appropriately to establish and maintain a business advantage.
• Responding to safety issues in an appropriate and timely manner.