General Manager, The Palomar
Opening in May 2014, The Palomar has become one of the most innovative and exciting restaurants in London. We serve the food of modern-day Jerusalem and have won OFM ‘Best Restaurant’, Tatler ‘Restaurant of the Year’, and the GQ ‘Best Restaurant’ Award.
The Palomar team is a close-knit group of people who love what we do. We put our hearts and souls into our work and are constantly striving to improve of offering for both customers and employees.
We want you to be the next General Manager of our award-winning restaurant The Palomar in Soho. This is a rare opportunity to join the senior management team behind one of London’s most exciting hospitality groups and continue our history of success.
As a group, including sister sites The Barbary, The Blue Posts and Jacob the Angel, what underpins our diverse offering is an open-minded, warm and enthusiastic belief in the power of heartfelt hospitality. Whether it be our staff, customers or the community, we have achieved great success through a dedicated and compassionate approach to all of those we interact with.
The Palomar is our 40-seat, intimate and electric restaurant serving the cuisine of Modern Jerusalem. Holding a Michelin Bib Gourmand each year since opening in 2014, The Palomar has gone on to win restaurant of the year from the Observer Food Monthly, GQ and Tatler publications.
- From the directors down, we all lead from the front and by example. The Palomar is a high-volume site capable of serving 160+ customers for dinner and you must thrive in taking charge of the daily operation, regularly taking team briefings and acting as a role model for your team
- Report directly to the Operations Director to: ensure statutory compliance across all areas of the business; maintain and improve profitability in line with given targets; anticipate and proactively resolve upcoming site and broader issues; and deal with maintenance in a cost-effective way
- You will be accountable for the recruitment and development of 35 strong team across the site. Supervise onboarding, appraisal and disciplinary procedure with the support of the HR Manager whilst overseeing labour budgets and allocating staff hours
- Quality control is paramount – you will work closely with Central Management to maintain, optimise and improve upon our high-quality operation with a hand in change for the offering in conjunction with the Head Chef and Creative Director
- Financial support for development courses and qualifications to improve both your business and leadership skills including Watershed management training, WSET and others
- All Staff get discounts for other Soho/Central London restaurants in the group (including 50% off food at all sites and 20% off drinks at The Blue Posts
- Access to Hospitality Action’s Employee Assistance Programme
The Ideal Candidate:
Loves our restaurants and what we do. Understands the buzz of Soho and the expectations of our Guests. Has worked at a managerial level for several years at another high-quality independent restaurant or group.