Head Chef, Bellanger
A relaxed, all day Café, Bar and Brasserie on Islington Green from restaurateurs Corbin & King, the team behind The Wolseley. With refreshed interiors and an informal, more casual style, Bellanger has returned to North London.
Our all-day menu features French brasserie classics such as Coq au Riesling, Confit De Canard and Steak Frites et Salade. Sandwiches, salads, Croques, eggs and Tarte Flambées.
An exciting opportunity is becoming available for the position of Head Chef.
This leading role will involve all aspects of kitchen management to include – Menu planning and costing, P&Ls, recruitment, people management and development, as well as the day to day operation of a busy kitchen.
You must have a true understanding of quality service and a close eye for detail. The ability to motivate and encourage an international team of Chefs and work successfully and in collaboration with the wider restaurant team is critical. You will need to have experience of working in a senior kitchen management role within a similar quality restaurant environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
• A high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind. To remember that customers can be both internal – employees and colleagues and external suppliers
• To have a positive impact, accepting personal responsibility for making things happen
• To be decisive, using initiative, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans
• To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge
• To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements
• To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department goals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential