Head Chef, Elmley Nature Reserve
The Elmley Estate is a family owned and managed National Nature Reserve on the Kent coast and a destination for luxury escapes with an incredible nature experience. The thoughtfully designed and award-winning accommodation is regularly featured in national publications and runs at 95% occupancy.
We currently provide dining for our accommodation guests and Estate visitors, along with small high-end events (still operating in a COVID secure venue).
We have reached a stage where we are ready to develop our in-house kitchen and ensure the food does justice to the beauty of the landscape and nature, whilst ensuring that conservation and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
This is a special opportunity of a creative and fulfilling role. You will be joining Elmley at an exciting time, in a position where you will have real freedom to shape the food experience at Elmley. It will be a varied job cooking for accommodation guests, visitors as well as event clients.
Working within a warm and friendly team, responsibilities will include:
- Creating and cooking menus both regular restaurant menus and bespoke menus for events
- Full ownership of the kitchen
- Training and development of two sous chefs, along with training and briefing front of house on menus
- Ensuring menus align with the Elmley experience
- Build relationships with local suppliers
What we offer:
- Excellent career opportunities as we expand
- Competitive salary plus bonuses
- Full time hours
- A good work/life balance within a positive and supportive, family environment.
- Accommodation is available if required
- Possibility of a relocation package
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for someone with a passion for creating and delivering beautiful and thoughtful food. In particular you will need to:
- Be dedicated to ensuring sustainability in food
- Be warm and welcoming with the ability to engage with our guests and clients when necessary
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have strong kitchen experience and the ability to fully manage a kitchen and a small team
- Be comfortable building relationships
- Be flexible and proactive with a great attitude