Head Chef, Farm Girl
What began, three years ago as a desire to bring Melbourne’s vibrant brunch culture to London, has positioned Farm Girl as a leading name in the food and wellness industry.
We value fresh, nutritious and honest food that never comprises on taste. Therefore, you’ll be sure to find high-quality and sustainable ingredients in all of our delicious dishes, from our sourdough bread and locally farmed chicken and beef, right down to the vegan mayonnaise we use. Start your day the Aussie way with brunch classics such as: Avocado Toast, Acai Bowls, Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes or our famous House Granola and innovative and vivacious salads.
Farm Girl have an exciting opportunity for a full time Head Chef to join their team in their restaurant at Chelsea. We are looking for an energetic and passionate chef with experience in a fast paced environment, to taste food products daily, to assess quality and overall consistency.
- Providing meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
- Overseeing staff.
- Aiding with menu preparation.
- Assisting the team in ensuring that all paperwork is completed on a daily basis.
- Demonstrating and practicing high standards of hygiene and safety in the kitchen.
- Monitoring wastage and spoilage of resources.
- Maintaining all equipment within the catering operation, through due care and diligence.
- Daily management of opening and closing Checks.
- 5-day working week.
- Shifts between 7:30-17:30 ONLY
- 28 holidays (including bank holidays)
- A very competitive salary.
- Bonus incentives
- Staff Food & Unlimited hot drinks
- Being part of a like-minded team who share a passion for healthy, wholesome and nourishing food.
- Working in a highly regarded, trendy and modern restaurant.
- Work placement/swaps inside the company.
- 50% discount in all Farm Girl sites.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion and for healthy food and really wants to make a name on the market.
- Very strong communication skills
- Minimum 3 year experience in a similar role
- Experience with fast paced service (Preferably Café/street food background)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational flair