Head of Lettings, Make Shift
Make Shift is a platform for local people to access the space, network and money they need to create thriving enterprises.
We are a team of socially minded creators, makers, entrepreneurs and doers who champion collaboration, drive progress and see it as our duty to bring prosperity to communities through enterprise.
We believe in the power of local enterprise to radically improve communities by providing meaningful jobs, retaining local services and keeping wealth in the local community.
Through spaces like Pop Brixton and Peckham Levels, and exciting new spaces in development across the UK, Make Shift is creating opportunities for local enterprises to accelerate their journeys and benefit their communities.
As the Head of Lettings, you will be part of the Network team and report directly to the Chief Network Officer. As we continue to grow and scale, you take overall responsibility for finding talented Members (tenants) for all of Make Shift’s projects, ensuring that they maintain high occupancy, thriving Member communities and sustainable revenues.
- Development and implementation of all lettings-related strategies and processes across the organisation
- Responsible for the end to end management of all lettings activities across the group
- Responsible for data analysis and reporting around the lettings activities
- Create, monitor and report against lettings budgets and occupancy targets for all Make Shift project
- Set department and individual team member objectives and targets, in line with the wider company plan and ensure they are met
- Effectively lead the lettings function within the Network team through recruitment, line management, development and training
- Responsible for ensuring team, processes and services proactively support and champion diversity and inclusion – both internally and externally in services and relationships with customers and stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
This position requires an experienced and competent commercial lettings professional who understands the importance of ensuring well-curated projects that deliver a diverse, collaborative and complementary Membership community at each Make Shift project.
Leading a team of project letting professionals, you will be a proven leader and able to demonstrate your ability to set and deliver lettings and curation strategies across a multi-project operation
You are forward-thinking and know how to achieve short-term goals while implementing and scaling processes and tools for the long-term. With your passion for supporting local, independent enterprises, curating diverse and interesting spaces and outperforming commercial targets, you’ll navigate the complex issues of rapid growth while taking a solutions-oriented approach to ensure our future success.
- Minimum 5 years recent Lettings experience
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the lettings process
- Demonstrated ability to win new business
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team
- Proven track record of achieving targets
- Knowledge of property law
- Knowledge of contract management
- Analytical and data driven