Head Chef, Maria G's
Maria G’s is looking for a passionate and inspiring Head Chef to look after the day-to-day operations in the kitchen of our new restaurant in Kensington. A love for traditional Italian cookery and beautiful seasonal produce is vital, as well as a drive to operate a sustainable, positive & happy work environment.
This role requires someone with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and grow in their role, to cook beautiful food to a standard you can be proud of, as well as want to be a part of and help create an enjoyable work environment.
- A positive mindset & ability to communicate clearly, politely, and concisely, especially under pressure. A passion for Italian food, produce & hospitality industry, in both their professional & personal life
- A chef with a great understanding of both traditional & contemporary Italian cookery, with the ability to execute it beautifully
- A constructive attitude towards completing tasks & showing respect towards your colleagues is essential.
Alongside a great work ethic, a desire to learn and progress within their role is key. Knowledge regarding the safety aspects of working in the kitchen is essential but training will be provided to those candidates that need their food, hygiene, and health and safety certificates to the level required for the position on offer. The key characteristics of a successful candidate are:
- An infectious work ethic and a desire to train and lead a team by example
- Team training and development is a core responsibility for Maria G’s within this role
We offer a competitive rate of pay starting with a salary of £36,000 pa plus an estimated £12,000 pa variable TRONC, staff meals on duty, and training provided by some of the most talented chefs in the industry.
Amazing staff facilities including staff lockers, changing rooms, dining area, relaxation areas and bike lockers as well as team rewards provided by Hospitality Rewards and the opportunity to progress in one of the most exciting up and coming concepts in London.
Maria G’s is Robin Gill’s (chef and founder of Sorella and Darby’s) new Italian restaurant to be launched on Kensington’s Warwick Lane in partnership with Pete Warden (LXA hospitality) this June, offering what he calls “a true neighbourhood restaurant.” The restaurant will be something of a nod to the time the chef spent working in southern Italy, at Marina Del Cantone, a small beach village along the Amalfi coast, where he spent some time during his training years.