Head of Marketing, Rare Tea Company Ltd
Head of Marketing
Our aim is simple: to source and supply the world’s best tea, directly from farmers and their tea gardens. We look beyond sustainability – environmentally, economically and socially. We are honoured to work with many of the top chefs, restaurants, hotels, bars and brands in the world. We seek out the best partners from tea garden to table. Where tea was ordinary, we bring the extraordinary.
Our ambition is huge: to re-shape the world of tea. We have seen great changes since Rare Tea began in 2004, but there is still so far to go and for that we need help.
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated individual to become a key part of our small but rather wonderful company. We need someone who cares about what we care about, and can effectively tell the world about what we do differently, why it’s important and how incredible our teas really are.
You will work directly with Henrietta, our CEO and founder -creating and executing a cohesive marketing strategy and developing business opportunities.
You will be an integral part of our team. We don’t silo people off – but instead seek to understand and support each other in all aspects of the business.
As Rare Tea Company continues to grow on a global basis, we are looking for someone who can handle all aspects of marketing, from ecommerce and digital, to press and PR opportunities across the world.
The day-to-day role will encompass things like: creating new content; constantly updating and improving existing content; new product launches; generating and fielding the rapid flow of opportunities coming in; and working with our extremely diverse collaborative partners from chefs to perfumiers, artists and artisans, to global fashion and drinks brands.
You will have full ownership of our social media accounts.
If you are looking for a team to execute your brilliant ideas, this isn’t for you. there is no marketing team. If you are looking for big budgets and advertising spend- sorry- we aren’t that kind of business.
What we are looking for
- Truly excellent written English.
- An ability to adapt and take on our unique brand personality
- Someone who can get things done and make things happen, rather than just talk a good talk.
- Sensitivity to communicate well with everyone, no matter who or where they are.
- Experience, initiative, drive, enthusiasm
- Someone highly organised who can effectively prioritise and who very much enjoys being involved in multiple projects concurrently
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong sense of responsibility
What we offer
- The opportunity to work within an ethical, committed, and ambitious business in a kind and supportive team
- Great Central London location + flexible working-
- This could be a part time role for a well-connected and seasoned marketing expert or a full time role for someone less experienced, ambitious and learning as they go.
- Generous staff discount
- Significant growth potential and advancement within our company
- An interesting, engaging, and dynamic work environment
- The ability to change the world, a little bit, for the better.