Membership account manager (subscription sales), Knife and Fork Media
Knife and Fork Media is a London-based hospitality media business that owns CODE Hospitality and The Good Food Guide.
CODE Hospitality (CODE) is a digital membership platform for hospitality people in the UK. CODE members get up to 50% off in over 400 of the best restaurants, bars & hotels, along with additional perks, editorial and events. We have a network of more than 50,000 people working in and with hospitality. We endeavour to champion the industry in everything we do.
The Good Food Guide (GFG) is a consumer-facing publication, founded in 1951. Every year the Guide reviews the best restaurants, pubs and cafés across Great Britain combining a network of reader feedback with anonymous expert inspections. We launched a digital subscription-based guide as part of the new The Good Food Guide Club in June 2022.
We are looking for someone to accelerate subscriber growth across our two membership offerings – CODE membership (exclusively for hospitality people) and The Good Food Guide (available to all consumers).
The membership account manager will be the face of our brands to new members and key decision makers. Your core responsibility will be selling and managing bulk memberships (e.g., CODE as a staff benefit for hospitality businesses) to meet membership growth targets.
You will manage the end-to-end sales process, including sourcing, pitching, negotiating, and closing, as well as ongoing account management. There is potential for this role to be highly varied, where on any given day you could be pitching to management across hospitality, visiting restaurant teams, or securing strategic partnerships with consumer brands.
The membership account manager will work closely with the partners, marketing and growth teams and will report into the head of growth.
Knife and Fork Media is committed to creating an equal and inclusive working environment. The role will be shaped around the successful candidate, and there is plenty of opportunity to learn on the job. We have outlined some desired responsibilities, skills, and interests. If you feel that you tick some (or all) of the boxes, we’d love to hear from you.
- Membership sales and account management – build and manage relationships with individuals and volume customers (from restaurant groups to corporates) to scale member acquisition.
- Onboarding and engagement – maximise user uptake amongst teams who have membership to CODE / The Good Food Club as a staff benefit.
- Partnerships – build strategic partnerships with consumer brands to drive member acquisition through affiliate networks.
- Marketing – work with the marketing team to drive brand awareness and member acquisition through a mix of digital and offline campaigns.
- Analytics and reporting – ensure key stakeholders are kept up to date, define KPIs and compile regular reports.
- Administration – manage contracts, invoices, and other ad hoc administrative tasks.
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
- Member acquisition / sales / business development (subscriptions) – You (ideally) have experience working in subscription sales / subscription acquisition, but any previous sales experience will be considered.
- Account management – You are an experienced account manager with a proven track record of building strong, long-term relationships.
- Communication – You are confident and can adapt your communication style to work with a varied client base from hospitality people to corporates.
- Organisation – You are organised and able to effectively manage and prioritise your own work, balancing time in the office with meeting clients.
- User focus – You understand users and can identify who they are and what their needs are based on evidence.
- Team player – You want to be part of a team and can establish strong internal relationships.
- Hospitality – A passion for the UK hospitality industry is essential.
Contract: Permanent, full-time role (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Office based (Soho, London) with option to work from home up to two days per week
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 DOE
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas break; birthday off; employer pension contribution; 2x charity days and 2x work in industry days per year; £100 training budget per year (opportunity for more subject to business case); cycle to work scheme; Help @ Hand (remote GP, mental health support, physio); invitations to industry dinners and events.
Applications close: 4 December 2023
Start date: ASAP
Membership account manager (subscription sales)