Maitre D’ & Reservations Manager, Evelyn’s Table
Evelyn’s Table (GQ Food & Drink Awards Runner Up 2019, No.7 in OpenTable’s Top 100 Restaurants) is the eagerly anticipated (re)opening by siblings Zoë and Layo Paskin (The Palomar, The Barbary) with recently announced Head Chef Luke Selby (Hide, Dabbous, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, Le Manoir) and his two brothers.
This is much more than a simple family affair. The team look to combine their multiple award-winning histories to create a secretive 10-seat chef’s counter at the corner of Chinatown and Soho in the converted cellar of The Blue Posts. British produce. French and Japanese technique.
Guests will experience a unique evening with a limited number of fellow diners. Starting with predinner drinks held upstairs in The Mulwray, the first-floor wine bar, headed up by ex-Noma sommelier Honey Spencer, guests will then be taken downstairs for their meal at the chef’s counter, before returning to The Mulwray post dinner for digestifs and coffee.
- Up to £40,000/annum dependent on experience
- Open Tuesday – Saturday evenings for dinner service only
- A Restaurant Manager in the fullest sense – responsible for everything outside of the kitchen and working solo as the only traditional ‘front of house’ role during service
- Controlling the flow and pace with the Head Chef whilst managing drinks and curating guest movement around the building
- Create and organise SOPs to ensure the whole focus of service is guest experience
- Curate the restaurant atmosphere, nailing the music, lighting and overall ambiance
- Collaborate with colleagues to manage the key touch points and structure of the guests’ journey throughout the building
The Ideal Candidate:
Doesn’t have to fit a mould – this is a unique role that requires a unique person; we will consider all levels of experience from Chefs de Rang and Head Waiters through to General Managers, you could be the right fit.
Makes the room their own, balancing big personality and flair with care, craft and consideration.
- Lives and breathes hospitality in the purest sense – simply wanting to guide our guests to have the greatest experience achievable. Nothing is too much to ask
- Forward-thinking, ambitious, sincere and excited by the prospect, ideally having experience working in a similar environment
- Constantly searching for ways to improve and receptive of and responsive to constructive feedback
- Passionate about wine and eager to learn as much as possible
- Loves to dine out and is familiar with industry trends, openings and institutions
- Culturally attuned and able to create an atmosphere that appeals to all
In addition the restaurant group, including The Palomar and The Barbary, is looking for a Reservation Manager
- £30,000/annum for 40 hours/week
- Working Monday – Friday, office based in the mornings and running the book over lunch service at The Palomar
- You’re our ambassador and create the first impression for many of our new guests. Slotting into our company culture is essential – responsive, warm and detailed hospitality at all times
- Taking calls and responding to emails is at the core; you will discover the right tone and language that resonates with what we do
Collaborate with the communications team and front-line management to seamlessly run private hires, events and other special occasions
- Focused and based at The Palomar, you will also handle inquires and bookings for sister sites The Barbary and Evelyn’s Table at The Blue Posts