Management – all levels, Frank’s Café
Frank’s Cafe is an independently run rooftop bar in South East London, and the flagship architectural commission of Bold Tendencies, a not-for-profit arts organisation in Peckham. Located on the roof of Peckham’s multi-storey car park, with stunning views of the London skyline, Bold Tendencies has become one of London’s most iconic and talked about summer destinations. Bold Tendencies is unique in terms of the rich mix of what it does, commissioning site-specific art and new architecture as well as producing an ambitious live events programme of orchestral music, opera and dance.
Since 2009 Frank’s Café has served up delicious food and drink for the many thousands of visitors to Bold Tendencies every summer, and we are looking for motivated and energetic managers to join our experienced and skilled team to deliver another successful season on the roof.
We offer more than just the best summer job in London – every year there are opportunities to join the company on a permanent basis. In 2017 Frank’s Café joined forces with the Camberwell Arms and in 2019 we launched a brand new catering division which is going from strength to strength. Growing year on year means we are always looking for candidates committed to hospitality to join us in delivering outstanding visitor experiences across our venues and beyond. As such we are keen to meet with managers of all levels so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
As a manager at Frank’s Café you will be instrumental in ensuring all of our guests receive exceptional service, that being informed, friendly and speedy. Managing the team and staff morale is essential in achieving this primary aim. Alongside this, you will be tasked with ensuring that daily operations run smoothly both front and back of house, and monitoring every aspect of the business to ensure that specific financial targets are met.
Outside of the trading season you will be involved in co-ordinating the set-up and close down of the business. During the set-up you will be expected, amongst other tasks, to assist in the recruitment and training of a large team, reviewing our food and drink offering and service standards and ensuring the business is fully equipped and fully compliant ahead of opening to the public. Once the season draws to an end you will be actively involved in closing down the business.
Individual responsibilities within the business will be determined by previous experience and development goals.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years experience in bar management
- Experience of managing a high volume, wet-led venue
- Good general drink knowledge and confidence in ensuring speedy service of cocktails
- Experience in managing and motivating large teams, with an understanding of the importance of leading from the front
- Experience working with a security team
- Highly organised and a natural attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and initiative
- A passion for true hospitality and a love of delicious things
Additional desirable attributes:
- Knowledge of Frank’s Café, Bold Tendencies and the local area
- A creative approach to maintaining operational profitability and problem solving
What we can offer you:
- A small, independent hospitality company where you will have the opportunity for further development via internal training and external courses
- A fun and professional working environment
- A healthy work/life balance with a sustainable and flexible rota
- Meals on shift as well as a discretionary manager’s tab for food and drinks
- Staff discount at our sister restaurant the Camberwell Arms