Michelin Head Chef, The Farmers Arms (The Woolsery Project)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join our fantastic team at The Farmers Arms, Woolsery.
Our food ethos is a hyper-local British flavour profile, focusing on what is supplied from our own 90 acre farm. There we are growing with an organic, bio-diverse agro forestry practice and raising rare UK heritage breed animals.
The Pub and The Restaurant at the Farmers Arms run two different menus from two different kitchens and teams and we are looking for a Head Chef to move across both areas.
As Head Chef you will be working closely with our Executive Chef, Ian Webber, who is the creative driving force for the Woolsery Project.
Chef will be working over the next few years on the development and opening of our next venue, so we need a strong leader to step in and run the current kitchens and teams.
Together you will work on dish and menu development, as well as events, like our monthly supper club.
The role will also require the following:
– Ensure execution in service of the Executive Chefs standards
– Work with the Restaurant Manager to refine and give consistency to the guest experience
– Team management of a brigade of 16 chefs
– Development of our training, apprentice and work experience programs
– Food ordering, receiving and invoice recording
– Recipe input and costing
– Wastage control and recording
– Month end stock take
– Monthly P&L and GP analysis, along with weekly payroll and revenue meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for someone who is creative and experienced in the kitchen, but just as important, someone who is also well organized and strong with the management and administration needed to become a successful business.
You will need to be a strong leader and a clear communicator who is comfortable delegating and managing a full kitchen team that has been in place for the last year of operation.
– 2+ years in a lead Sous Chef or higher position
– Familiar with stock management, rota management and GP management software
– Fine dining, Michelin level kitchen standards
– Passionate about foraging, farm to table, seasonal and local food philosophies