Head Chef The Shed Restaurant, Gladwin Brothers Enterprises
The Shed kitchen is going through a transition with current head chef, who worked with us for 5 years taking some time to travel and explore world’s cuisine and expand their knowledge. If you believe you can take on a new challenge and run our flagship kitchen, please do get in touch. We are looking for the next Shed superstar!
Passion and food philosophy at Gladwin Brothers revolves around using Local and Wild ingredients to create seasonal dishes within a daily changing menu. Our produce is sourced and foraged from our family farm in Sussex and neighbouring farms, with all of our butchery occurring in house. Our suppliers include Swaledale for rare breed meat, Gladwin Brothers HQ for champion veg and whole animal supply, Ted’s veg for seasonal British famed veg, Marfish for by catch fish only supply and Lyon’s Hill Farm for speciality beef cuts.
Our kitchens focus on what we like to call “Creativity vs. Structure” approach, we provide our teams with monthly handbooks with menu movement, focusing on the produce for the month. Then each kitchen brigade can put their own touch on the menu offering themselves. Gladwin Brothers sends in prepped items from the farm to make it easily managed, e.g. butchered whole pigs.
The Head Chef Role:
The head chef will be in control of the kitchen and its day-to-day operation but work closely with the directors (Oliver and Richard) to follow their seasonal ingredient sourcing and menu concept: Local & Wild.
There is an emphasis on creating a positive working environment to develop staff and achieve their true potential. Which you as the head chef will be actively involved in forging a kitchen culture, positive working and positive working environment.
Responsibilities of a head chef will include:
- Managing and training a team against budget
- Creating and cooking a seasonal daily changing menu
- Monitoring and achieving the budgeted food margin
- Demonstrating and presenting for the kitchen table
- Adhering and achieving 5-star food and kitchen safety
- Training and briefing front of house on dishes and seasonal changes
Head chef Benefits:
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthy staff meals
- Vineyard and farm trips
- Foraging and fishing trips
- Cycle to work scheme
- WSET levels 1,2&3
- External management and leadership courses
- 40% staff discount in all Gladwin restaurants
- Company events and social calendar
- Being part of a truly sustainable company