Providing restaurant, menu and food product consultancy/development worldwide.
Tom Aikens is one of the UK’s most acclaimed and inspirational British chefs with a plethora of restaurant consultancy businesses in the UK, middle/far east which is growing with speed.
With a father working in the wine industry and a childhood mostly spent gardening and cooking with his mother, Tom put food and the use of the finest ingredients at the centre of his life from a very early age.
His remarkable career took him to David Cavalier’s in Battersea, Pierre Koffman’s La Tante Claire, Joel Robuchon in Paris, Gerard Boyere’s in Riems and Pied-à-Terre to name a few. It was at the latter that Tom became the youngest British chef ever to be awarded two Michelin stars, aged just 26.
Tom remained at Pied-à-Terre for five years, then going on to open his immensely successful eponymous restaurant, Tom Aikens (2003-2014), which won a Michelin star and rising 2 star in 2009.
Toms Kitchen – Chelsea, London (2006)
Tom opened the first Tom’s Kitchen in Chelsea to huge excitement, as this was the first restaurant of its kind that made the suppliers the heroes and championing their wonderful produce.
He embraced the story of farm to plate and made a conscious effort to include this as part of the Tom’s Kitchen experience, educating guests in an approachable and interesting way – which became a real talking point in the National and local/industry press.
Foods ranging from British classics like fish & chips, shepherds pie and Baked Alaska to his signature sharing dish the slow braised shoulder of lamb cooked for 7 hours with balsamic vinegar, shallots garlic & thyme.
Pots, Pans & Boards – Dubai (2015)
Taking inspiration from Tom’s childhood memories in the British countryside, of a busy family kitchen, cooking in a bustling, comforting environment and his mother serving food straight out of the pot, pan or board onto the table.
The menu consist’s of a mixture of casual English, Mediterranean and French dishes, with some Middle Eastern spices and flavourings also used across the menu
Soho Farmhouse – (2015)
Tom consulted on the new Soho Farmhouse being the eighth UK Soho House, which included the farm’s existing 18th century buildings, a seven-bedroom farmhouse, a four-bedroom cottage and 40 wooden guest cabins.
Developing all of the kitchens across the project, including all the menu’s for the main barn, deli, shack, cook school and the smoke house and charcuterie kitchens
Edition Hotel – Abu Dhabi (2018)
Tom successfully launched 3 restaurants in the New Edition Hotel which is a ground-breaking hotel concept brought by Ian Schrager, in collaboration with Marriott International.
The concepts are Market at EDITION, an imaginative, healthy lifestyle restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a focus on healthy, no waste, farm to table cooking, each kitchen will make use of each ingredient to its entirety.
The Oak Room, is a traditional English oak panelled restaurant, celebrating world-class Beef with a British rock ‘n’ roll flair, new- age steak house encourages with the very best produce, free from formality and pretense but always thoughtful and precise.
Uncomplicated in approach, the menu will consistently showcase signature British dishes.
Then a coastal Mediterranean-style restaurant, called Alba Terrace, light lunches and sharing plates to linger over. Upon arrival to Alba Terrace, guests are greeted by a large brass clad aperitif bar, with bright lime oak wall pannelling, sheer curtains and vibrant plants, bringing the outdoors, in.
The food has taken inspiration from the South of France and Provence and the coastal roads of Italy.
Muse – Belgravia, London (December 2019)
Tom Aikens’ new fine dining restaurant space, a cosy 25-seater renovated mews house in Belgravia. Muse will provide a unique and intimate dining journey, offering each and every guest a kitchen table experience from either the kitchen counter or table side.
In Progress Following Toms strong presence in the Middle East, Tom will be opening various restaurant sites in Doha and Jakarta with other middle eastern projects also in the pipeline.
Responsible for the implementation and delivery of systems, processes and establishing an organisation with best practices across all of Tom’s activities.
– Develop detailed revenue, expense, capital and OS&E budgets for the existing outlets and business plans for new projects.
– Focus on standards, demonstrate uncompromising and strong people skills, truly believe in training and people development.
– Agree deliverables, set goals and objectives with key staff members and ensure they are achieved.
– Maximise sales and sales growth of all restaurants, with forward planning optimising sales, profitability in order to secure a return on investment for us and our partners.
– Come up with initiatives to grow the overall business via new verticals, carefully targeted collaborations for new restaurants, products, events, media etc
– To be fully responsible for the operational systems, policies and procedures and operational standards across the restaurants within the various Toms Aikens companies (be it for our existing owned restaurants in UK – TK Chelsea and Muse – or for our consultancy contracts and franchises).
– To formulate clear plans, goals and objectives for each venue and ensure this is clearly communicated through the management teams.
– To deliver successful operating results each month per agreed forecasts or budgets set buy the directors.
– Responsible for achieving budgeted profitability whilst maintaining excellent standards of food and drink quality, together with excellent standards of service, cleanliness and safety through the day to day running of the company.
– A dedicated professional with a minimum of 2 years as operations manager or general manager in large busy high quality restaurant
– Excellent all round culinary skills
– Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current Food Hygiene, H&S, COSHH, RIDDOR, HACCP, Fire legislation, relevant to the business
– Comprehensive knowledge and understanding, and a passion for, excellent quality, well prepared, fresh food
– Comprehensive knowledge and understanding, and a passion for wine spirits, cocktail
– Outstanding knowledge of excellent service
– Confident, individual who is committed to providing excellent customers service to all
– Demonstrable experience managing a large, diverse team covering, restaurant, bar, reception and deli
– Hands on manager
– Thrives, but remains calm under pressure
– Expert trainer with knowledge of all areas of food and wine service
– Demonstrable experience of successfully training, mentoring and developing staff
– Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Tissl till system or similar
– Confident user of Fourth Hospitality / Stock on line / Online Rota System or similar.
– Confident user of Book a Table or similar reservations systems
– Effective Problem solver
– Good understanding of Employment Law
– Experience of collating payroll and new employee information
– Experienced with Recruitment, interviewing, trialling and on boarding of all levels of staff
– Demonstrable experience of meeting and adhering to GP’s, Food costs and labour costs
– Experienced with internal Stocktaking and relevant paperwork
– Fire Warden training
– Strong track record of regularly passing Food safety audits