At Marcella we celebrate simple, delicious food and drink in a relaxed environment focusing on the best seasonal Italian and British produce.
We are sister restaurant to Artusi, in Peckham, and are looking for the right manager to help us push on next year and keep improving our business.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Restaurant Manager to join our small team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for;
– All staffing matters, rostering, recruitment, training and any HR issues.
– Updating small seasonal wine and cocktail list, holding regular wine tasting events with staff.
– Running ResDiary booking system, answering any email enquiries, dealing with any complaints.
– Monitoring and regularly updating social media accounts
– Managing day to day running of the restaurant, ensuring any issues are dealt with promptly.
– Performing weekly stocktakes, recording invoices, monitoring gp’s, labour costs and average spends and working to quarterly targets.
– Leading monthly supervisor meetings, setting targets for supervisors and highlighting any issues or areas of training needed.
– Above all ensuring the delivery of high quality efficient, attentive and knowledgeable service.
– At least one year’s experience in an equivalent role.
– Knowledge of using EPOS systems and online booking system.
– Ability to work well under pressure
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Excellent team-work skills and ability to manage the team in a friendly and informed manner with a positive outlook.
– Experience of processing invoices and raising purchase orders.
– Comprehensive wine, cocktail and spirit knowledge, ideally with a good knowledge of Italian wines.
– Barista training
– Personal license holder
– Knowledge of Excel and InDesign