Restaurant Manager, The Laughing Heart
The Laughing Heart is looking for a new Restaurant Manager to join our small and dedicated team of professionals. We are a contemporary British restaurant, wine bar and music venue in East London, serving a seasonal pre-fixe menu, working with inspiring, authentic wines.
We have taken stock during this year, and used the time to evaluate how we’re working, and who we want to be as a restaurant. We’re looking for somebody to join our team who is excited to help us realise our new focus, embrace change and develop our future.
- Wine savvy – you’re comfortable working extensively with natural wine, lesser known producers, an ever-evolving list, and guiding your guests in the best direction for their meal
- A natural leader – you love working with a small team, leading by example, creating an inclusive and positive atmosphere
- Experienced and passionate – you are a skilled service pro, constantly looking to improve the guest experience and educate and inspire your team
- A people person – A natural host; you will be the face of the restaurant, creating meaningful relationships with the team, suppliers, and of course, our guests
- A team player – You’re as comfortable doing mise-en-place as you are working alongside the owner on ways to develop the business
- Well organised – you will work alongside the owner, operations manager and head chef to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant floor
- Solutions orientated – you love using your initiative to find answers, and add value
These are some of our values as a restaurant – hopefully giving you an idea as to what we’re about.
- A restaurant that is different on purpose, holistically driven by every detail, through the mediums of food, service, music, art & design
- Invested in our community, and have true passion for real hospitality and service
- Champions of the development and exposure of talented people
- Invested in our regulars by cultivating personal relationships
- All things to all people – from special occasions to picking up a bottle of wine on the way home
- Actively engaged with each other as professionals and fellow humans
- Thoughtful, kind, and generous of spirit
- Competitive salary, based on experience, and above industry average
- Approx 45 hours per week – we’re open 5 days a week currently, and always ensure everyone has a work life balance
- We aim to achieve everything a modern restaurant should; great training, proper support, access to our wonderful cellar at cost price, thoughtful and delicious staff food, and always, good vibes
We are open to talking to the right person, wherever in the world you might currently be, and whatever your current circumstances; we are willing to wait.