Sous Chef, Harcourt Inns
Harcourt Inns is a London-based group of dining-pubs with boutique hotel accommodation, located in vibrant neighbourhoods around London, where we strive to offer quality food and drink in a casual, attractive environment and deliver great hospitality with a spirit of generosity.
We’re not a chain – each of our properties is unique and is a reflection of the local area it serves.
In each of them we’re proud to serve a range of beers from independent family-run breweries, together with thoughtfully curated wine & sprits lists, and an all-day menu overseen by our chef-director, Henry Harris (formerly chef-patron of Racine in Knightsbridge).
Tucked away in each of our locations are elegant spaces for private dining and events, and luxurious hotel room accommodation.
Harcourt Inns currently own the renowned Harcourt in Marylebone, the Three Cranes in the City, the award-winning Coach in Clerkenwell, the Hero of Maida in Maida Vale, the Crown in Chiswick & most recently the KPH in Ladbroke Grove.
We are currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Sous Chef to join our Chiswick kitchen team. You will be working alongside & supporting the Head Chef & you’ll share the responsibility for all things kitchen-related.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
– a minimum of 2years experience in a similar role in a busy, high end casual dining kitchen
– training & competence in classical French cooking techniques
– the ability to lead & motivate a small, close-knit team of up to 12 staff
– a service- and guest-focused approach, coupled with a genuine enjoyment of delivering hospitality
– the ability and desire to blend your high end restaurant experience with the demands of a vibrant neighbourhood pub
– Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Level-2 training [minimum]
– awareness and understanding of basic financial controls, such as stock management, wastage and margin control
And you will be able to:
– support the General Manager & Head Chef in developing and improving the business through shared responsibility and accountability
– apply your knowledge and to lead the training & development of your team
– confidently lead service and manage the kitchen on a day-to-day basis, dealing effectively with any challenges which may arise
– work to agreed standards and deadlines, and support and guide your team to do the same
The Ideal Candidate:
As a Sous Chef, you will have worked in quality-focused, fresh food-led businesses where you have led your team to ensure the efficient running of service whilst over delivering on guest satisfaction.
Our kitchens are led by the renowned Henry Harris as Chef Director. A la Carte and Bar Menus are classical French & modern British food that are inspiring, seasonal and produce led.
You will be confident and willing to support the General Manager and Head Chef to ensure that all the food we serve is delivered to a consistently high standard.
It is also essential that you’re dependable, responsible and are able to show initiative and creativity in your work.
Experience of managing private dining and events is desirable and some experience of working in a business where there were guest bedrooms/room service may also be an advantage as each of our properties has 4-6 boutique B&B rooms.
Above all, we are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm and love for classical French & modern British food, with a genuine love for hospitality, and who will lead their team to deliver it with warmth and a spirit of generosity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young, dynamic team operating quality-focused, award winning London dining pubs and to develop with the company as it grows.
To Apply for the Sous Chef position please click here:
or email: [email protected]