Since the original St JOHN restaurant opened in Smithfield in 1994, the now famous Fergus Henderson and Trevor Gulliver (Founding Directors) have grown their unique and eclectic group of restaurants to six operations: two restaurants, a wholesale bakery, a retail bakery, a winery and a wine company. Each enterprise is unique, but they all adhere to the distinct style and philosophy which gathers all branches of the business under the St. JOHN umbrella, and makes them so instantly recognisable. Each is at the beating heart of the vibrant community in which it was established.
We have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Bar Supervisor or Assistant Manager to join our Michelin starred team in Smithfield as Assistant Bar Manager. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with our long-established team in providing unrivalled levels of hospitality serving our carefully curated drinks and wines menu.
To be successful, you will have an innate understanding of relaxed high-end hospitality and will have worked in bars within fine dining led restaurants.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for:
- Someone with energy and enthusiasm with the ability to lead a team
- In depth knowledge of drinks, spirits and wine (WSET Level 2+ a bonus)
- Experience using the Tevalis Stock System and CMS System
- A strong focus on customer service
- Experience with stock control
- A warm personality who is keen to chat to regulars and new guests alike!
- Experience in a busy bar environment
- Focus on cleanliness and hygiene
Salary will be dependent on experience.