Harcourt Inns is a London-based group of dining-pubs with boutique hotel accommodation, located in vibrant neighbourhoods around London, where we strive to offer quality food and drink in a casual, attractive environment and deliver great hospitality with a spirit of generosity. We’re not a chain – each of our properties is unique and is a reflection of the local area it serves.
In each of them, we’re proud to serve a range of beers from independent family-run breweries, together with thoughtfully curated wine & spirits lists, and an all-day menu overseen by our chef-director, Henry Harris (formerly chef-patron of Racine in Knightsbridge). Tucked away in each of our locations are elegant spaces for private dining and events, and luxurious hotel room accommodation.
Harcourt Inns currently own the renowned Harcourt in Marylebone, The Three Cranes in the City, the award-winning Coach in Clerkenwell and the Hero of Maida in Maida Vale. We will be opening two new sites in early-2019 - The Crown in Chiswick, followed by The KPH in Notting Hill.
We are currently looking for a bright, enthusiastic Assistant General Manager and Assistant Manager to join our team as we grow.
To be successful in either of these roles you will need to have:
• a minimum of 1year experience in a similar role and at least 2years experience in managerial or supervisory role in busy, food-led operations
• a service- and guest-focused approach, coupled with a genuine enjoyment of delivering hospitality
• proven ability to lead and motivate a team of up to 30 people
• the ability and desire to blend your restaurant service background with the demands of a vibrant neighbourhood pub
• Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Level-2 training [minimum] and a working knowledge of licensing regulations
• awareness and understanding of basic financial controls, such as wages and food & drink costs
and you will be able to:
• support the General Manager in developing and improving the business through shared responsibility and accountability
• apply your knowledge and experience to lead the training & development of your team
• confidently lead service and manage the business on a day-to-day basis, dealing effectively with any challenges which may arise
• work to agreed standards and deadlines, and support and guide your team to do the same
The Ideal Candidate
As an Assistant General Manager or Assistant Manager, you will have worked in quality-focused, food-led businesses where you have led your team to ensure the efficient running of the business while prioritising your guests. You’ll have an understanding of the difference between delivering service and delivering hospitality and know how to lead your team to achieve this.
Sound knowledge of wines and spirits (a WSET qualification is desirable) and a good working knowledge of both craft and draft independent beers will be of benefit. A genuine interest in and willingness to continue learning about both is essential.
You will also have previous experience as a manager or senior supervisor in an independently-run restaurant and be confident and willing to support the General Manager and Head Chef to ensure that all the food and drink we serve is delivered to a consistently high standard. It is also essential that you’re dependable, responsible and are able to show initiative in your work.
Experience managing private dining and events is desirable and some experience of working in a business where there were guest bedrooms may also be an advantage as each of our properties has 4-6 boutique B&B rooms.
Above all, we are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm and love for classical French & modern British food, and independently-produced wines & spirits, and who will be the ‘host’ and face of the business. We want someone with a genuine love for hospitality, and who will lead their team to deliver it with warmth and a spirit of generosity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young, dynamic team operating quality-focused, award-winning London dining pubs and to develop with the company as it grows.
Please apply via the link below or the applicaiton form