Since the original St JOHN restaurant opened in Smithfield in 1994, the now famous Fergus Henderson and Trevor Gulliver (Founding Directors) have grown their unique and eclectic group of restaurants to six operations: two restaurants, a wholesale bakery, a retail bakery, a winery and a wine company. Each enterprise is unique, but they all adhere to the distinct style and philosophy which gathers all branches of the business under the St. JOHN umbrella, and makes them so instantly recognisable. Each is at the beating heart of the vibrant community in which it was established.
This is a unique opportunity to play a crucial role within the team at St JOHN Bread & Wine in Spitalfields. The site, founded in 2003, is St. JOHN’s second restaurant with an emphasis on sharing plates and the all-French wine lists. There is a bakery counter selling bread and good things baked at the St. JOHN bakery in Bermondsey, as well as wine off-sales. Since opening the pioneering St. JOHN Smithfield in 1994 Fergus Henderson and Trevor Gulliver have been sharing the ‘nose to tail’ ethos, passionately maintaining their focus on hospitality and generosity.
We are looking for an experienced Restaurant Supervisor who has exceptional levels of hospitality and customer service, an engaging approach to working with a fun and dynamic team, and someone who is excited to shares their love of food and wine with colleagues and customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Previous experience as a Supervisor or Assistant Manager within a high-end restaurant.
- Passion for delivering great food and customer service, inspiring others with their energy and displaying a hands-on style of management.
- An appreciation for the ‘nose to tail’ philosophy, with a strong motivation to work within our values of purpose and simplicity in all that we do.
- A knowledge and passion for wine is essential, preferably WSET qualified.
- Experience in managing busy shifts, delivering team briefings and managing individual performance.
- An open, engaging and friendly personality with the confidence to be the host of Bread & Wine within the local marketplace.
- A good knowledge of food hygiene, and health & safety.
- Experience of training and developing a team, including planning and running training sessions for food and drink, and finding real satisfaction in our continued success.
- Excellent attention to detail, resilience and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
If you have a passion for exceeding customer expectations, a love for good food and fine wine, and a motivation for driving sales & upholding the St JOHN ethos of purpose and simplicity, we would like to hear from you. Please click Apply and complete the online application form. All responses are being handled by our HR Partners at Solution22.
URL link for all applications: