Brilliant Corners is a bar and restaurant on Kingsland Road in Hackney. We serve Japanese food, alongside timeless, well executed cocktails, and wine list comprising small scale, artisan wine makers. We also house one of London’s only audiophile sound systems, and each night of the week, a record collector selects music for the dining room. We are open 6 days a week for dinner service only.
Experience in the orchestration of service at a busy London restaurant is desirable (as well in other tasks such as stock control, staff training, EPOS management, and cashing up) but above all, we are looking for someone that enjoys serving customers, and has the kind of personality and temperament that works well within our team and is able to efficiently tackle the range of tasks at hand prior to and during a busy service.
Since opening in 2013, we have developed a loyal following of open-minded customers that comprise local residents, restaurant industry workers, and guests which look to Brilliant Corners as a destination for hearing the best in timeless music that spans the genres. Above all, our customers enjoy the opportunity to take a high quality meal in an elegant but informal atmosphere.
The Ideal Candidate
- be confident, personable, diplomatic, and able to inspire the incumbent talents of the front-of-house team;
- ideally have experience in front-of-house operations at a busy restaurant;
- ideally live locally, and be in touch with the nature of the clientele in Hackney;
- be willing to grow within the role and take on further responsibilities.
- Competitive Salary & bonus arrangements;
- Flexible working hours;
- Detailed wine training.