The Zetter Townhouse Clerkenwell is a 13-bedroom Georgian townhouse with an award-winning cocktail lounge. Located just across the cobbles of St John's Square from The Zetter Hotel, this unique property feels more like the private residence of an eccentric (and fabulous!) great aunt than a hotel.
For all of us at The Zetter Group, the guests' experience is paramount, and while it may be the award-winning interior design or the buzzy atmosphere that the guests first notice on arrival, it is the helpful, charming, smiling and knowledgeable team that they remember long after they leave. Our people are our secret weapon! And this is your chance to become part of our expanding family as our Bar & Lounge Manager.
What does the role look like?
- A hands-on role with overall responsibility for running the Food and Drink operation at The Zetter Townhouse Clerkenwell.
- Responsibilities include overseeing the Cocktail Lounge, Events and Afternoon Tea.
- Reports directly to the Food & Drink Director and General Manager.
- Our Manager will be a clear presence on the floor, seating and greeting guests, maximising covers, remembering our regulars and ensuring guests are looked after in true Zetter-style.
- Driving revenue, controlling costs and setting targets for the team.
- Solid knowledge of brands and cocktails
- Responsible for coordinating the research and development of new cocktails and work with the Sales, Marketing, Social Media and PR Team to promote The Townhouse.
- Train and develop your team to ensure our guests are consistently receiving a great service experience.
- Maintain solid working relationships and consistently evolve the service experience for our team and guests.
- Conduct daily briefings, ensuring all team members are familiar with the running of The Townhouse.
- Other duties include recruitment, rotas, banking, shift reports, payroll.
- Have a full understanding and working knowledge of all software systems.
What we are looking for in you?
Our Bar and Lounge Manager is the face of the Townhouse, a consummate host with bags of personality, wit and style! A role model to develop and train a small and passionate bar team, ensuring our guests are consistently receiving an innovative product and warm service.
- Be warm, professional and original.
- Have a passion for cocktails, food, great guest service and training and developing your team.
- Be a positive, self-motivated team player with leadership experience.
- Be excited by the opportunity to suggest your own innovative ideas.
- Previous experience in stock control and ordering is beneficial.
- You will love to multi-task & as such will need to be very organised.
- A confident self-starter comfortable working in a high-volume environment.
- A keen eye for detail.
- An effective communicator with a natural ability to manage relationships with guests, team members, peers as well as senior management.
- A team player with a cool head and ability to work collaboratively with others towards our goals.
Like our colleagues, our BENEFITS are of the finest selection
- Working with a passionate and fun team of hospitality professionals.
- Competitive salary paid by the hour, referral bonuses and rewards for implemented ideas you suggest.
- Fantastic benefits including frequent massages, meals on duty and English lessons.
- Growing our own people with excellent Career development opportunities.
- Access to private loans and travel card loans.
- Preferential room rates for both you and your friends and families.
- Discounts on food and drink throughout The Zetter Group.
- Annual social events.