Bourne & Hollingsworth is looking for a Bar Manager with a difference to lead the team at our flagship venue, B&H Buildings in Clerkenwell, a multi-faceted clubhouse, featuring a restaurant, greenhouse, cocktail bar, cookery school and late-night underground drinking den.
Taking over an iconic corner of Northampton Road, B&H Buildings features seven distinct spaces. The cocktail bar, which occupies the sunny west-facing side of the building, opens onto the street and the leafy park beyond via huge windows and doors.
Influenced by those typically seen in a Grand Café, the bar itself features bespoke concrete paneling and a beautiful white marble mosaic bar top. Cocktails are the star of the show here, from light refreshing brunch drinks, to complex aperitifs, twists on classics and boozy after dinner tipples.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced to a good level within the hospitality industry and associated fields.
- An outgoing, friendly, people-oriented person.
- Enjoy being in the spotlight, as well as achieving and exceeding targets.
- Will be targeted on staffing, GP's and strict adherence to group service standards. This will include training and developing of your team and other FOH / management staff.
- Creating cocktails and menu planning, working alongside the marketing team to produce cocktail-oriented content for our channels and in-house newspaper.
The Ideal Candidate:
Agony aunt, entertainer, mixologist, matchmaker, a guide to the local area, food critic, often a firm friend but sometimes a stern guardian - we recognise that the role of bar manager far exceeds what you’ll read in a simple job description.
At B&H, we are looking for someone who can bring a level of cocktail knowledge and bartending skills to the table, alongside a high energy, becoming one of the most important faces in our group, running and navigating venue operation for our flagship venue.