We embrace, we create, we innovate; The Standard never stands still. Be part of our unconventional, bold, irreverent, evolved and personal takeover of London. The Standard London, our first international property will create a unique symbiosis of City and brand where our people are hosts to a world that uniquely London, yet anything but standard….
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. We are now seeking a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London to join our team as Bartender
Our New York roof top bars and clubs are legendary; as a Bartender you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive dinks service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that will be located in the hotel. Your exceptional knowledge of the latest trends in the London bar scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of bar operations and order of service; along with a deep appreciation of quality wines, champagne and spirts in order to guide and make recommendations to guests based on their preferences. The bar team will also create and mix a range of signature cocktails in addition to mixing and blending of all the classics you’ll add a touch of personality and theatre to their experience.
Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Bartender at The Standard, London?
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Bartender is always useful, all are welcome at The Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
Prior experience as a Bartender with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or similar busy city bar
In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Be a confident mixologist with a proven knowledge of spirits, well versed in both classic and contemporary cocktails with a good understanding of the latest trends in the London bar scene.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Opening experience preferred
- Prior experience using squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars will operate late night licences.
- We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Bartender, we’d love to meet with you at our forthcoming open days.
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.