Second Home creates beautiful collaborative workspaces that bring together thinkers, makers, artists, startups and entrepreneurs.
The Cafe is sets in an inspiring environment full of creativity, culture, entrepreneurship. You will get to meet the people behind the fastest growing companies in the UK , get inspired and involved in Second Home cultural program, while running a hospitality business like it is yours.
We are looking for three dedicated Café Manager to oversee the management and day-today operations of the cafés with creativity, passion and integrity.
The cafe is open Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm and allows you a good work life balance.
This role entails much more than managing a cafe - passionate about the food and drink world, you would also bring your ideas and develop the concept together with our team.
The role will be based in Second Home Spitalfields / Holland Park / Clerkenwell to begin with with possibility to oversee other sites as Second Home grows.
From sourcing goods to recruitment of staff you could have a degree of autonomy.
You will need to take ownership and will be someone who sets high standards. You will be a natural communicator and use this skill to wow customers and motivate staff.
Your responsibilities will include management of the cafe, building relationships with members, budget control, ordering, stock takes, managing hospitality orders, analysing and reporting back on weekly figures and costs, writing rotas.
You must have impeccable communication and organization skills, and be comfortable in maintaining the highest of standards in all aspects of the cafe operations.
Ensuring the business is complying and exceeding with all licensing agreements including Food Safety and Hygiene, health & safety legislation and guidelines, and keeping accurate records.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will ideally have experience in a café or hospitality management.
- It is also beneficial that candidates have barista experience, a minimum level 2 Food Hygiene.
- Experience with new café openings with be desirable.
- Be intuitive, run the cafe like it is yours
- A pleasant and adaptable personality , keen to learn, develop and grow with the company.
- Natural communicator, willing to develop person relationship with members
- Have an interest in sustainability : sourcing quality and seasonal ingredients, limiting environmental impact, developing processes that keep waste to a minimum and finding new and interesting ways to deal with food waste and reduce packaging.
If you have what we are looking for, then we want to hear from you!