Nutshell is a modern Iranian restaurant, set to open at the end of July in Covent Garden.
Iranian cuisine delivers a food as rich in flavour as it is in diversity and our vision is to modernise this centuries old cuisine whilst preserving its culinary beauty, heritage and traditions by adding modern twists and techniques and bringing this pioneering but somewhat overlooked gem of cuisine.
The open kitchen will dominate the atmosphere of the ground floor and customer interaction with the chefs during service will add to the fun as well as feed the professionalism required for a modern contemporary relaxed dining experience.
The menu is based on Iranian cuisine; however, the dishes will be presented in tune with today’s trends and served as small plates ideal for sharing. There will be a strong focus on seasonally, freshness, high quality and locally sourced products.
Nutshell offers a small plate sharing menu concept for a modern relaxed dining experience, giving the opportunity to fill every table with a multitude of colours, aromas and taste sensations in true Persian hospitality style.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated chefs of all levels to join us this July.
Working a 48-hour week over just 5 days, you will join our open plan kitchen, learning new recipes, prepping and serving food.
As we focus on seasonality and our menu will change daily so every day is an opportunity to learn something new.
We're working to the highest standards and attention to details is immense.
- Setting up your section
- Prepping for the day, including meats, vegetables, pastry and fresh breads
- Operate your station during service, including customer service when customers are sitting at the bar.
- Ensuring to work cleanly and neatly at all times
- Daily deep cleaning
- Keep the standards up at all times
- Support the checker on the shift
- Support other sections and work as team player
- Communicate well with FOH as well as the other chefs on the team
What we offer:
- We offer an enjoyable work environment with ongoing staff training. We always want to hear from our chefs so we can be creative together
- Competitive salary package
- Staff incentives on performance
- Staff meals on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Working for a young company with vision for the future
The Ideal Candidate:
- A passion for cooking and service
- The drive to take on new responsibilities and sections
- A high attention to detail
- Sense of humility, a warm and genuine nature and the desire to enhance every guests experience
- The ability to work as part of a team and to assist and collaborate with other team members
- Strong work ethic and the ability to perform under pressure
- Previous experience in a professional kitchen is required although training will be given for all.