Petersham Nurseries' flagship destination in Richmond sits beyond the walls of the owner’s home and garden in the leafy suburbs of west London. Horticulture is at the very root of the business, which started as a plant nursery, yet today is so much more.
A lifestyle destination that includes an internationally renowned glasshouse restaurant, a plant nursery, a homewares shop that sells antiques and gifts and a teahouse serving wholesome food and homemade cakes.
Our culinary style takes inspiration from Italian flavours and the best seasonal ingredients which we treat with respect and serve them simply to let their flavour shine. Much of our produce is grown on our own farm in Devon or within our kitchen garden. Open only for lunch (Tuesday – Sunday) with a handful of candlelit supper clubs throughout the year.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Gaining an understanding of Petersham Nurseries philosophy by learning and demonstrating a thorough knowledge of food and ingredients.
- Learn set recipes and ensure all menu items are made to specification meeting a consistently high standard of quality and presentation.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the kitchen staff taking on board regular feedback and instruction.
- Be part of and engender a kitchen environment that is creative, nurturing and positive, that promotes learning and a passion for food and produce.
- Ensure that Health & Safety and Food Safety standards are adhered to and recommendations from Food Safety Audits carried out.
- Assist with ensuring all administration for the kitchen is completed according to all deadlines such as food hygiene records, stocktakes, wastage sheets and cleanliness records.