Opened in 2017, Asador 44 is a relaxed, modern dining room specialising in cooking impeccable Spanish and Welsh produce on the parilla grill over different types of wood.
Specialities include 70-day dry-aged Rubia Gallega chuletón steaks, Segovian suckling pig, Pyrenean milk-fed lamb, whole turbot and seabass. The lick of smoke from the grill takes this stunning produce to another level. Our starters, side dishes, desserts and cheese selection take equal billing and are just as important to us as these revered Spanish delicacies. We also feature a comprehensive wine list averaging140 examples.
Our staff share our passion for excellent service, authentic food and wine and the Spanish way of life. Our team are energetic and committed and have passion attitude and charisma.
Summary of role
- reporting to General Manager, deputising for the general manager
- recruiting, training and supervising staff
- agreeing and managing budgets
- ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines
- promoting and marketing the business
- overseeing stock levels
- ordering supplies
- producing staff rotas
- handling customer enquiries and complaints
- taking reservations
- greeting and advising customers
- problem solving
- preparing and presenting reports
- keeping accurate administrative records
- assessing and improving profitability
Who we’re looking for?
- Someone with a passion for food, wine and customer service with extensive experience in busy restaurant or hotel environments.
- You must be able to lead and train a team with positivity to ensure they execute the service standards required.
- You should be able to demonstrate financial skills and have excellent written and spoken English.
- We’re looking for someone who delivers quality service to the customer consistently.
- Someone who acts when a problem arises.
- Knowledge of Spanish cuisine and drink would be advantageous, knowledge of food hygiene is essential.
- You must be able to handle pressured situations in a busy restaurant.
- You should be a hands-on manager and be able to turn your hand to any position front of house