JUMA Kitchen’s founder, Philip Juma is on a mission to put Iraqi cuisine on the map. Whether delivering exquisite food at sell-out supper clubs or spreading the love for this rich cuisine through our events team, we are always striving to promote Iraqi food & culture.
This will be JUMA Kitchen’s first permanent site, serving Iraqi kubba at London’s prestigious Borough Market. Although the newest addition to the JUMA family, this site will have the largest reach and, in the words of founder Philip Juma,
‘This is a huge deal for Iraqi cuisine! It will hopefully get more and more people cooking Iraqi dishes, giving it the spotlight and momentum, it deserves. Many people might not have heard of Iraqi kubba so I can’t wait for them to try it and hopefully convert them into fans.’
We’re looking for a FOH manager, to work very closely with founder, Philip, managing a small but well experienced team.
The operation is a ‘grab and go’ concept but each and every kubba is skilfully handmade from incredible ingredients. As such, the role requires both a steady hand to manage busy lunch services and an outgoing personality to communicate how much of a labour of love the product is.
We are hoping to introduce a relatively unknown (but seriously tasty) dish to patrons from all over the world, so a friendly, attentive individual is crucial.
This position comes with an incredibly attractive work week — Borough Market is a purely day-time operation, closed on Sundays.
The Ideal Candidate:
No previous experience in a similar role is necessary — although we will need to see experience to demonstrate some key transferable skills, as well a real passion for food and buckets of personality!
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience working in a high paced environment, ideally hospitality.
- Have basic reporting skills, be computer literate
- Demonstrate experience leading a team, inspiring and motivating colleagues
- Bring a passion for and decent knowledge of the London food scene
- Have acute problem-solving skills
- Have an outgoing personality, well suited to customer facing roles
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail
Bonus points for:
- Experience/a love of Middle Eastern food
- Knowledge of Iraqi cuisine
- Arabic speaking