Like Bombay’s old Irani cafés, Dishoom breaks down barriers: in its restaurants, which employ and serve people from all walks of life, at its events, and through charity (donating a meal for every meal – 7 million meals so far).
Dishoom serves a lovingly curated menu of Bombay comfort food and award-winning drinks in beautiful restaurants with unique stories. Everything Dishoom does shares its love for Bombay’s culture, heritage and people, and everyone is welcomed with warmth.
What we’re looking for:
- You have been working as a General Manager in a busy environment for the past few years. You’re first-class in everything you do and want to find an environment that’s as obsessive about quality as you are.
- You’re a great leader who really cares about your people. Your big-hearted approach will make coaching and developing other members of the team a natural focus
- Your attention to detail is second to none. All paperwork, health and safety and other controls are handled with the utmost care and attention
- You have a genuine commitment to making people happy - guest and team alike - ensuring you have one of the happiest teams in the business and guests that turn into regulars and regulars into friends.
- You never compromise on quality and performance of the restaurant. You seek tough feedback and raise the standards every day to ensure you exceed everyone’s expectations.
- You want to be part of a company that can help you flourish and become the best you can be.
We are a truly first-class (award-winning!) place to work and we’re humbled to have been voted this year as #19 Best Company to work for in the Times Top 100. And naturally we have some of the very best team benefits around, which include:
- Industry-leading pay
- Bombay Bootcamp with our co-founders. An amazing once-in-a-lifetime guided tour to see the very best of Bombay food, culture and heritage.
- Invites to great parties – we have a massive summer party (think: huge festival with music, fairground rides, food, drink and all-day-long pampering for you and two family members to enjoy, all on us), a huge Christmas party and team get-togethers every other week.
- Annual Babus’* Big Day Out – our chance to spoil you for all your achievements over the year.
- 28 days paid holiday a year (plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school).
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Wholesome team meals and bottomless drinks when on shift, plus as a Babu you have a daily allowance to spend on Dishoom food.
- Discount in all of our restaurants – 50% during the day, 25% in the evening – plus a Dishoom Babu card, with a monthly spend on us!
- Monthly get-togethers and a big, belly-busting Christmas dinner.
- And much more!
*Babu can be a term of respect in India but is more frequently used to refer to bureaucrats behind desks who don’t do a great deal.