Salt Yard Group was set up in 2005 with the opening of Salt Yard in Fitzrovia. Eating out around Spain and Italy inspired the concept of a small, friendly restaurant serving dishes to share, alongside good wine and by staff who had a personal touch.
Salt Yard Group went on to open Dehesa, Opera Tavern, and Ember Yard. All four sites specialize in Italian and Spanish charcuterie, cheese and small dishes.
Salt Yard Group is now part of the Urban Pubs and Bars family. We celebrate all things Spanish and Italian with our food and our wine list, run engaging culinary events throughout the year and host numerous privates’ parties.
We are now looking for an experienced and hardworking General Manager for our Opera Tavern site; someone who can help grow the business, lead and inspire the team, and help consistently deliver a wonderful guest experience.
- Full & P&L responsibility for the business
- Day to day front of house operations and back of house admin
- Managing, training and nurturing the front of house team
- Working alongside the Head Chef and kitchen team to help grow the food
- Overseeing of all People and HR areas within the business, from recruiting the right people to accurate forecasting of rotas and payroll.
The Ideal Candidate:
- An experienced, charismatic General Manager who is confident managing and inspiring a large team. They should be operationally-minded and examine the business in detail.
- An entrepreneur! As a small but fast-growing company we want General Managers to treat their businesses as if they were their own. They should take ownership of both successes and failures and constantly be looking for opportunities.
- Have at least two years relevant management experience (with financial accountability) and be at GM level.
- Be committed to moving the Company and their career forward.
- Have a strong passion for food, wine and the restaurant industry and be able to transfer their enthusiasm on to the team.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work in a rapidly-expanding independent group where your opinions matter.
- Excellent salary and progression, plus bonus scheme included.
- A fun working environment and the opportunity to run a restaurant in one of the most exciting parts of London.
- The autonomy to run your business as your own, but with great support around you from a passionate and experienced team.
- A structured induction and the opportunity for ongoing training and development.