Our award winning restaurant is located in the heart of Peckham and opened in August 2012 with rave reviews. An all year round, busy 74 seater restaurant. We are in the process of renovating our restaurant and have built a brand new cocktail bar and kitchen from scratch. Our menu is constructed on a sharing basis, like you would eat in Thailand. Served hot, spicy, full of flavour and is served as the dishes are ready.
Our head chef and owner started The Begging Bowl as she couldn’t find the real tastes of Thailand in London, which she had grown to love from her time working in Michelin starred Thai restaurants and frequent food travels to Thailand.
We explore all the wonderful regionality of Thai food from the creamy curries of the Muslim South to the fiery grilled meats from Issan in the North East. We use hard to find Thai ingredients along with the best local suppliers to create exciting tastes and flavours using traditional Thai techniques.
We have created a friendly, vibrant space in Peckham where locals can enjoy the real tastes of Thailand along with our unique cocktails featuring Thai twists on the classics.
Are you an experienced, professional and passionate Restaurant Manager? We are looking for a leader who loves hospitality.
We are in the process of renovating our restaurant and kitchen with all the latest equipment. We are looking for the right person to re-launch our restaurant. It is a very exciting opportunity to join our company at this moment in time!
The Ideal Candidate:
- A people-focused mentality
- The ability to lead a team by example – adopting a hands-on, can-do, nothing-is-too-much approach, ensuring all guests leave with a positive dining experience.
- The ability to maintain effective systems, processes and brand standards
- Great communication skills and displays a willingness to learn, as well as inspiring new ideas
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ambition and drive to grow yourself and our business
- Good command of the English language, with the ability to communicate confidently
If this sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.
Some of your responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the business performance of the restaurant
- Motivating and supporting your team
- You will help organize marketing activities, such as promotional events
- Preparing reports at the end of your shift/week, including staff and food control alongside your Kitchen manager
- You will meet and greet customers, assisting with any queries and promoting and upselling the company
- You will help to create and execute sales plans, profit and staff development
- Control your labour and stock costs
- Be hands on with all jobs
- Complete staff rosters
- Hire front of house staff, train and support
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Wine Training
- Free staff drink after evening shift
- The ability to put forward ideas with no red tape
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off
- 28 days off per year annum
- Staff Christmas party
- 50% discount for you and your friends once a month.
- 25% of lunch or dinner at The Palmerston once a month
- Joining a team which the majority live locally, making friends for life and joining a local community of people from the area
- Acquiring a knowledge of Thai food and ingredients
- Working with great people in a vibrant friendly atmosphere