We are looking for a strong, diligent and committed General Manager to be part of something truly amazing.The Little Blue Door is a bustling and critically acclaimed bar and restaurant which opened in May 2018- following the long standing success of its predecessor, London’s longest running pop up, The Little Yellow Door.
The venue is based on much loved fictional flat shares and every element of what we do reflects this unique take on hospitality. The space is styled to feel like walking into someone’s home and the vibe is charming, welcoming and unpretentious.
It consistently receives a large amount of press coverage and applause- making this a great opportunity for the right person to prove themselves.
The venue is in Fulham, one of London’s most discerning, demanding and affluent areas. The offering is designed with this clientele in mind and champions quirky, lighthearted fun- underpinned by serious F&B quality and meticulous levels of service.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of consistently delivering faultless shifts, maintaining impeccable standards and managing a variety of different offerings.
The venue is open from 6pm to 12am Wednesday and Thursday, 6pm to 1 am Fridays and Saturdays and for Saturday Brunch and Sunday Roast. Due to the venue’s huge popularity, we also offer group menus, canape menus and private dinning offerings.
It is a small, close knit team with a real family feel- an almost uniquely inviting and friendly working environment. We reward passion, skill and dedication; the ability to be meticulous in your work and having fun doing it.
The business is owned by the Little Door & Co, a young and growing brand pioneering a different slant on the hospitality industry with flat share themed venues. Coming a year before the recently re opened Yellow Door, this was the first in a series of permanent site openings - making it an exciting time to join a fast expanding company with speedy promotion opportunities for the right team.
- Previous restaurant and bar experience essential and proven track record in a similar role
- Passionate about food, cocktails and providing excellent service
- Pro-active, self-disciplined and with great integrity
- Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent English language skills and exceptional inter-personal skills
- Great leadership skills, alongside the ability to join the family in a close knit team
- Complete competence with Excel, financial reporting and cash handling
- Meticulous with a fierce eye for detail and venue maintenance
- Maintaining at all times smooth and professional operational periods
- Providing outstanding customer service during operational periods
- Operational management of the venue
- Organization of all staff and rotas
- Responsibility for goods ordering and stock control
- Responsibility for cash handling and operational expenditure
- Responding to guests’ feedback with empathy and generosity
- Ensuring the venue maintains high standards of cleanliness and polish
- Maintaining high standards of quality control and hygiene
- Responsibility over Health and Safety processes
- Full time position to include regular late shifts, office days and daytime weekend work.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary as above, + bonus
- Staff Food and after work Drink Allowance
- Pension scheme contribution
- High level of responsibility from day one
Start date : as soon as possible, full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year