XU Teahouse and Restaurant is the latest restaurant from the team behind BAO. Set over two floors, the 75-cover restaurant is a cinematic reinterpretation of 1930’s Taipei. The menu focuses on Taiwanese and regional Asian dishes with quality locally sourced ingredients. Xu focuses on showcasing the exceptional Tea from Taiwan all served as a Taiwanese Tea ceremony from the tea kiosk.
As General Manager, you will be responsible for the overall performance of the team, leading them by example to deliver the highest levels of service and an exceptional guest experience. You will work closely with the Head Chef to ensure that the quality of the food offering is consistently delivered, as well as the Directors and senior team to proactively drive the business forward.
The Ideal Candidate:
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Prior experience as a General Manager within high quality restaurants;
- Ability to inspire, motivate, lead and develop teams;
- Warm, personable and professional nature;
- Be creative with excellent attention to detail;
- Passion for and knowledge of food and beverage, and the London restaurant scene;
- Working knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety requirements;
- Ability to manage staff costs and review rotas accordingly;
- A good understanding of managing a P&L;
- Ability to implement and maintain effective standardised systems, processes and controls;
- Good knowledge of or experience in Asian cuisine and culture is a bonus!
We will offer the successful General Manager:
- Competitive salary;
- Performance-related bonus scheme;
- Subsidised trip to Taiwan for research
- 50% discount on dining across JKS Restaurants;
- Eating out allowance
- Cost price drinks purchases, staff drinks and unmissable team socials;
- Discounted gym membership, cycle scheme and tech scheme;
- Pension, private health cover and childcare scheme;
- Supportive, people-focused culture and a fun and friendly working environment;
- Excellent career development opportunities.