Granger & Co. is run by the well-known food writer and restauranteur Bill Granger. 25 years ago, Bill opened his first ever café serving simple fresh flavours and light, healthy plates in a sunny corner of Sydney. He quickly earned himself a reputation for his original approach to dining – communal tables and lazy weekend breakfasts. Bill’s relaxed approach to dining caught on rapidly and is now the norm: eggs on toast, shared tables, avocado on toast, and ricotta hotcakes are enjoyed the world over as a global staple from dawn to dusk.
Our four London restaurants are light, bright, sunny, happy places where our customers can get a little of that relaxed Sydney sunshine at any time of the day. We serve generous, fresh, light and healthy food right through from busy bustling breakfasts to candlelight dinners.
A little about the role:
- The position reports directly to the Operations Director. You will also work closely with the Managing Director and the rest of the operations team.
- You will assist the Global Development Chef by providing feedback on the introduction of seasonal menu changes and dish development from an operational and service perspective. Please note that this is not a creative role.
- You will have a close working relationship with each Head Chef and their team and will work to advise and support the General Managers and operations team.
- Acting as an ambassador for our brand, you will uphold and deliver the highest standards in customer service. You will lead by example and challenge all those who work in the kitchens to achieve high standards of food hygiene, quality and presentation
- You will ensure consistency across our portfolio of restaurants, ensuring that dishes produced by the kitchens always reflect the Granger & Co. brand image, recipe and presentation specifications and are consistent in standard.
- As Group Head Chef, you will be responsible for training the kitchen brigades with all new recipes and ingredients introduced as part of the Granger & Co. menu. You will also oversee PDP’s ensuring that all levels of skill and ability are under continuous development.
- You will be responsible for the management of health & safety and all food hygiene within the kitchens, ensuring that each restaurant has the correct systems, procedures and completed documentation required to conform to legislation.
- You will be a commercial operator and manage all costs and budgets to ensure an effective margin and GP is achieved.
- Collaborating with the General Managers and HR, you will support the recruitment of chefs across multiple sites, ensuring that we recruit the best candidates for our kitchens.
- You will play an integral role with the opening of any new restaurant, in regard to the kitchen design and operation as well as fully training the kitchen brigade.
- Finally, as a senior manager within the business, you will contribute to the overall running and future strategy of the company, ensuring you are able to support the senior management team in any given situation.
A little about you:
- Previous experience as a Group Head Chef or Executive Chef managing a high volume, fast paced casual fine dining concept, across multiple sites is essential.
- Our menus are one hundred percent fresh and we create classic dishes which engender a sense of that relaxed Sydney sunshine at any time of day. Therefore, a real understanding and empathy for our brand and values will be key.
- A Chef who has a passion and knowledge of world-wide cuisine, high quality seasonal food who has an exceptional pallet and is able to inspire all regarding taste, flavour, fragrance and display.
- You have previous experience in successfully communicating, leading, motivating and managing teams with a consistent approach, across multiple sites.
- You are outgoing, energetic, positive and have the personality and passion to motivate teams and build a strong team work ethic.
- You must have previous experience of working with online stock control systems
- You are a strong commercial operator and can show evidence of successfully managing budgets, stock and influencing a profitable GP.
The benefits of working with Granger & Co. are:
- We are a family orientated company and therefore the role has some flexibility in hours as you will not be running shifts. Contracted hours will be 48 hours per week.
- Working in a like-minded team who share their love of good fresh food - who have fun!
- A competitive salary with bonus incentives
- 28 days annual holiday entitlement, after two years of employment, an additional day of holiday per year of service.
- Potential opportunities to travel to our other restaurants globally.
- Management training and the opportunity to go on external training courses
- We have a generous management discount
We hope you are as excited as we are by this opportunity and look forward to receiving your application.