Our recently merged company consists of three (soon to be four) M Restaurants and sixteen Gaucho sites, having condensed two fantastic teams who run our restaurants in London, Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh, sharing marketing, finance, reservations and operational teams.
We are a fast paced and dynamic company of hard working, creative, and diverse people.
Group Restaurant Marketing Manager
Specifically responsible for the individual and local marketing of each of the restaurants in the M and Gaucho portfolio, this role is responsible for all group restaurants within the M and Gaucho portfolio.
Working closely with the GM’s, ops team and within the Marketing team, this person needs to be incredibly organised, efficient, and understanding of the strategies required for each of our restaurants from flagship to neighbourhood, new openings and everything in between.
Each of the GM’s can be relied upon to know their locale, and can support where needed - as can the rest of the team - but this person needs to drive and prove revenue generating ideas for every site on a regular basis, visit all sites regularly and evenly split time where required on site for each as well as action campaigns, plan and deliver successful marketing initiatives and drive covers through well thought through, pre-planned activity.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Building relationships with local businesses in partnership with our business development manager to drive revenue such as local area discount offering and PA events and showcases, theatre partnerships
- Managing and leveraging relationships with local third party/external companies and partners like Regent Street Association, the O2 Arena, Barbican Centre to ensure our restaurants are being communicated about outside our business and via as many channels as possible, ensuring regular communication in the local area of every restaurant to ensure the local neighbourhood are aware of new activations and other activity and that the restaurants are top of mind in their area
- Being on top of all relevant local activity and taking part where necessary in as much as possible, when on brand
- Being a fountain of knowledge with an ever developing black book of contacts in each area, finger on the pulse and aware of everything that is happening and coming up, aware of all local competitors
- Securing opportunities to be included in local area blogs, online websites and companies such as Visit Leeds, Visit Birmingham
- Work in each area to be listed on all local marketing websites with relevant partners
- Shaping ideas that the GM’s may have into on brand offerings and initiatives, work closely with each GM to bring these to life
- Calendarizing and advance planning initiatives
- Leading specific revenue generating activity as required at restaurant level
- Being aware of local area marketing opportunities such as summer streets in Piccadilly, Hampstead Fete
- Maintain and action each area to do list in collaboration with the GM or relevant stakeholder
- Report back on successes and failures regularly
- Regular, calendarized visitation to each restaurant to meet and track progress of work with the GM in each are