MAIN OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Under the general guidance of the Restaurant Manager assess, evaluate and ensure that long-term and short-term goals of all Food & Beverage & Events operations are met.
Direct and manage all department activities to maximise revenue, profitability and quality goals by developing and executing marketing strategies, up-selling strategies, controlling costs, and by providing quality service and products to clients. All work will be in line with the club’s guidelines and business plan and the club´s corporate guidelines and service concepts.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation the club’s marketing plan, general business plan, marketing and sales strategies to ensure optimum guest satisfaction, sales maximization and profitability
- Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the food and beverage industry to ensure that the club’s food and beverage operations are competitive in the market place
- Work, and develop relationships, with external suppliers to ensure the very best reputation within the industry, and receives the service required to ensure that the operation Food & Beverage team can deliver the highest quality product, and the highest financial return.
- Work closely with the Manager to ensure correct stock levels are available from the distribution area, to assist the operational Food & Beverage team.
- Implement and champion a training culture within the Food & Beverage team to ensure succession planning, and a culture that exceeds the very best the industry has to offer.
- Constantly review the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained to the clubs standard.
- Maintain a close, professional, effective link with external contractors to ensure suppliers deliver to stated agreements, best practices are followed and technological advances are sought.
- Maintain and enforce the agreed brand standard for each outlet by conducting monthly audits.
- Liaise with Sales & Marketing and Restaurant Manager to collate and respond to all customer correspondence, ensuring that this is communicated to the Food & Beverage team where appropriate.
- Seek out latest trends in food and nutrition for our target audience and contribute to developments.
- Provide leadership and counseling, advice and feedback to the Food & Beverage team.
- Promote an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching.
- Supports the Restaurant Manager in promoting programs and campaigns to increase market awareness and penetration.
- Randomly inspects all food and beverage areas on a daily basis to ensure facilities and equipment are clean, well maintained and replaced if necessary.
- Checks the food and beverage outlets’ reservation lists, Events guest list, and VIP list to ensure that own staff are aware of VIP clients
- Is proficient in all food and beverage procedures to be a resource when needed
- Encourage up selling and extras
- Maintain high standards of grooming and appearance for self and team alike, including name badges.
- Monitors food and beverage sales regarding discounts.
- Makes sure all food and beverage outlets are clean, tidy and all the “mise en place” is done at the end of every shift
- Displays great level of attention to detail and own initiative
- Supports the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef when coordinating pricing and preparation of menus, beverages, and wine lists by taking the following into consideration:
- local requirements
- market needs
- potential costs and labour costs
- availability of food & beverage products
- merchandising and promotions
- Has good working relation with all Club’s departments
- Performs club duty manager shifts when required
- Other duties requested by your Manager
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Monitors and makes sure the food and beverage departments follow all applicable laws
- Be aware of and ensure compliance with licensing laws
- Monitors and ensures highest levels of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and products within corporate standards
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Interviews and selects potential team members for department
- Develops and recommends appropriate training to meet guest needs
- Identifies training needs, and makes sure staff receives training, including skills training to provide consistent, reliable service
- Identifies employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him or her together with the Restaurant Manager
-Works closely with the Restaurant Manager on the following Human Resources related tasks:
- Performance appraisals / Development Dialogs
- Coaching - Counselling
- Discipline and grievance
- Employee relations
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
- Fosters and develops effective employee relations within department and throughout the Club
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications, including daily meetings with own teams to ensure optimum team work and productivity
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings with all food and beverage staff present
- Looks for ways to motivate and challenge employees
- Adopts work methods that actively promote a responsible business culture e.g. turning off lights when not in use/ recycling where ever possible
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in managing Health & Safety and Food Hygiene, ensuring there is strict compliance with all legislation.
- Fully understands the Club’s fire emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practised and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensures that employees work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety tasks and activities carried out within the department
- Ensures the safety of the people and the property within the premises applying the club regulations, adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct of hotel employees is maintained by all employees in the department
- Ensures that cash and liquor stock are secure at all times
- Ensures all discrepancies in the cash are declared to the Accounts Department
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy
- Notifies the Reception Manager regarding lost and found objects. If the object is considered as valuable, needs to be hand it to the Reception Manager
- Supports a safe club by applying club regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Attends meetings and training required by the Restaurant Manager
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquires courteously and efficiently
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to club client
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to the Restaurant Manager
- Ensures accurate and timely communication with other departments
- To comply with all Company Rules out lined in the Staff Handbook
- To report for duty punctually, wearing clean and pressed uniform as per company standard