Cora Pearl is a 52-cover restaurant & bar in Covent Garden, at the heart of London’s theatreland. Sister-site to the acclaimed Kitty Fisher’s in Mayfair, we opened in Summer 2018 to much critical praise (The Times, Evening Standard, The Telegraph, New York Times), serving modern British dishes with playful interpretations of classic recipes.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a charismatic and talented bartender to help run the bar at Cora Pearl. Inspired by the Parisian demi-monde world of the eponymous 19th Century courtesan, our buzzing basement bar serves up a decadent list of modern and classic cocktails, along with carefully sourced old-world wines, always with an emphasis on quality and above all…fun!
As Head Bartender you will work closely with the owners and senior management to lead the bar team to future success. Working to a creative brief you will keep the cocktail list fresh and exciting, incorporating seasonal variations as necessary. You will also take a hands-on role with menu costings, stock-takes, rota scheduling and labour budgets and hitting GP% targets.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a talented bartender who is ready to take on a fresh challenge in one of London’s most exciting new restaurants.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive hourly pay, plus a share of tronc
- Fun, friendly, and supportive working environment
- Opportunity to express your creativity and help develop the drinks menu
- 28 days paid holiday
- Discounted food and drink at both Cora Pearl and Kitty Fisher’s
- Staff meals
- Team social events and activities
- Opportunities to work across the group
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience at a similar level in other quality-focussed establishments
- A passion for cocktails, spirits & wine and a comprehensive knowledge of the London bar scene
- A proven leader, able to motivate a small team and develop talent
- Organised, reliable and motivated
- A positive attitude and a strong team-player, not afraid to get stuck in where needed
- Personal Alcohol Licence holder
- WSET Level I/II preferred
- Previous experience as a waiter/waitress preferred
- A love for great music and skilled at creating atmosphere
- Excellent presentation with a distinctive personal style
- Strong commercial awareness: accurate menu costings and stocktakes; hit GP% & labour targets; manage ordering and par levels
- Comfortable with stock control software and technology (training provided)
- The legal right to live & work in the UK, with excellent English
Start Date: end of April