The Fordwich Arms, which has opened to national critical acclaim and was awarded a Michlin star within 10 months. Recently voted in the top 100 restaurants in the UK, top 50 gastropubs as well as achieving 3 AA rosettes. Peacefully situated on the Stour River, 10 minutes outside of Canterbury and only an hour from London St Pancras on the high speed line, this role would suit a dedicated professional, looking to further their career whilst leaving the hectic rat-run that is London behind.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a Head Chef to join The Fordwich Arms, which has recently opened to national critical acclaim and was awarded a Michelin Star within 8 months of opening as well as being voted in the top 100 restaurants in the UK, top 50 gastropubs and receiving 3 AA rosettes.
The kitchen is about to undergo an extensive refurbishment, the right candidate will be integral in the development of the project.
Peacefully situated on the Stour River, 10 minutes outside of Canterbury and only an hour from London St Pancras on the high speed line, this role would suit a dedicated professional, looking to further their career whilst leaving the hectic rat-run that is London behind.
As Head Chef you will:
- Have senior chef experience of working in a similar Michelin starred kitchen
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen under direction of Daniel Smith
- Have experience managing and developing a team
- Proficient in P&L, stocktaking, GP, menu costing
- Be capable of covering work on all sections of the kitchen
- Have a great attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Ensure that the kitchen is running to the correct high standards required
- Be responsible for the training and motivation of junior members of the team
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a new awarding winning restaurant with ambitious plans to develop further
- To work alongside three hospitality professionals
- Growth and development to further your career within a young but growing company
- Company sponsored training
- Company pension
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance related bonus
- A good work/life balance
- 50% off when dining
Formerly of The Clove Club, Rocket London & Chapter One, Dan Smith, Tash Smith and Guy Palmer-Brown are a dynamic trio who acquired the 1930’s ‘arts and crafts’ style property which houses a pub, beer garden, dining room and river view terrace. Picturesque and serene the young owners aim to serve refined modern British food served in a pub environment alongside exceptional and genuine customer service.
As part of the team you will be working with some of the best local ingredients alongside Daniel Smith (Observer Young Chef of the Year). Heading the pastry division is Natasha Norton (former Head Pastry chef at michelin starred One Leicester Street & Rocket Events). We source all ingredients locally, buying direct from farms, butchering whole animals, curing our own meats & grow some of our own produce at our two local allotments.